VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

Fair enough. I certainly perceived Baker to be first choice but happy to admit I'm wrong.

Regardless, I don't think it's such a mad idea that Baker be ahead of Clark. And given the response I got above you'd think it was! :)

Fair enough. I certainly perceived Baker to be first choice but happy to admit I'm wrong.

Regardless, I don't think it's such a mad idea that Baker be ahead of Clark. And given the response I got above you'd think it was! :)

Subjectively I'd have Baker ahead of Clark too FWIW. I was just saying that we've yet to see a competitive game where both are fit, since the 3rd quarter of last season and it was Clark in the side. I hope Baker and Okore are vying to be Vlaar's team-mate from very early on.

Fairly confident with this lineup:

Guzan

Cahill Collins Baines Luna

Bale Essien De Bruyne

Benteke Van Persie Deulofeu

Lots of room for changes if Bale goes to Madrid...

Fairly confident with this lineup:

Guzan

Cahill Collins Baines Luna

Bale Essien De Bruyne

Benteke Van Persie Deulofeu

Lots of room for changes if Bale goes to Madrid...

Cahill mightn't play. Bale probably won't be there. Essien; while potentially a bargain; mightn't play. De Bruyne mightn't play. Deulofeu mightn't play. You're going into week 1 with potentially half a team. I find the trick with going into the relatively unsure surroundings of week 1 is to pick a team you know will at least walk onto the pitch.
  • Like 2

I shipped Bale out, can't be arsed waiting to see if he moves or not. Between him and RVP I don't know. RVP might get off to a cack start under Moyes, Bale could stay and have a blinder.

Decisions, decisions.....

Does Coleman play winger or full back?

If it's the latter I'd definitely go with your first choice.

From what I've heard him and Baines will play in the 4 of a Martinez 3-4-3!

Woah. 

I love picking defenders on the game who actually play in midfield (or midfielders who actually play up front)

I feel like I'm cheating :)

My team for Round 1 as it stands:

Guzan

Ivanovic ~ Mertesacker ~ Zabaleta

Coutinho ~ Bale ~ Hazard ~ Wanyama

Benteke ~ Lukaku ~ Deulofeu

Might still shuffle it around though.

Mignolet 

Zabaleta - Olsson - O'Shea - Jose Enrique

A. Johnson - Snodgrass - Hazard - Bale?

Bony - Anelka

Okore, Tonev and Benteke on the bench but not sure who to put in of Villa just yet.

No Villa players until after Game week 3 for me(maybe baker as a cheap sub). I have 3 Chelsea players as they have Hull and us in double week. We have Arse, Chelsea, and Liverpool then a bye week. If you have 3 Villa players as well you gonna have 9 players in GW3 if none of above a keeper. You will have to waste trades to get players in only to want to bring back the ones you had to trade out. Very dumb short-sighted strategy just for the sake of having Villa players from the off IMO.

I ended up getting Delph in my team. At 4.5 hes as cheap as midfielders come and should be playing most minutes for us. 

Are you lot talking about having Delph high? He's a TERRIBLE fantasy pick. Second most minutes of all our midfielders last season and scored 33. 

Â