VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

I just had a look at some of the other fantasy games to see if they were worth playing. 

The Mirror and Mail are just horrific. You can have multiple teams with subs and you can sub players prior to earliest kick off without incurring transfers.

So basically, if you plan on trying to win, you have to check and change your team every single day there is a Premier League game. Who has time for that? 

Even Sky have gone over the top with theirs. If anyone is playing it you can make a captain change within a game week now which is Sat to Fri. So you have to try and aim to have a captain playing on the Saturday which you can then change for the Sunday. However, if you transfer the captain out this doesn't incur the free captain change. So say if you have a captain playing on the Sat, you can transfer him out for someone playing on the Sun and then make another captain change in midweek. Ugh. 

Edited to say you can make a captain change within a gameweek, that's what I meant

Edited by KennyPowers

I just had a look at some of the other fantasy games to see if they were worth playing. 

The Mirror and Mail are just horrific. You can have multiple teams with subs and you can sub players prior to earliest kick off without incurring transfers.

So basically, if you plan on trying to win, you have to check and change your team every single day there is a Premier League game. Who has time for that? 

Even Sky have gone over the top with theirs. If anyone is playing it you can make a transfer change within a game week now which is Sat to Fri. So you have to try and aim to have a captain playing on the Saturday which you can then change for the Sunday. However, if you transfer the captain out this doesn't incur the free captain change. So say if you have a captain playing on the Sat, you can transfer him out for someone playing on the Sun and then make another captain change in midweek. Ugh. 

bright-lights-during-a-migraine.gif

We all start with a team worth 100 Million.What happens if after a week or so 1 of your players increase in value, by say 2 million. 

Do you have to transfer players to bring your teams total value back to 100 million or can you buy more expensive players with the money you just got ? 

We all start with a team worth 100 Million.What happens if after a week or so 1 of your players increase in value, by say 2 million. 

Do you have to transfer players to bring your teams total value back to 100 million or can you buy more expensive players with the money you just got ? 

You keep the money.

Although it won't increase by that much in a week, fwiw.

But yeah, it works the other way too. your players can decrease in value leaving you with less money

You keep the money.

But yeah, it works the other way too. your players can decrease in value leaving you with less money

You only get half the increase when you trade/sell i.e. was 6m increase to 6.6m you get 6.3m

You keep the money.

You only get half the increase when you trade/sell i.e. was 6m increase to 6.6m you get 6.3m

Oh ok fair enough.

I did have RvP and Bale, but the rest of my team were shit. Wanted more points from everyone not just two players.

Massive risk, but might make it more enjoyable. Think Anelka has score the most out of any player in pre season. Might be a good shot considering how cheap he is.

2wdzo8l.jpg

Â