VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

I'm a fantasy neophyte, but from what I understand, it's all about picking players who are going to put up big numbers rather than players who would actually play well together in any kind of real world scenario, right? Here's what I've got going into week one, at least until I change my mind at the last minute.

Mignolet

Caulker       Okore        Baines

Michu        Bellamy      Giaccherini    Mata ©

Soldado       Benteke       Lukaku

Bench: Guzan, Campaña, Williams (Ashley), McShane (Paul)

As I said above with the team you have you will only have ten in GW3. Okore, Mata, Benteke, Lukaku, Guzan do not play this week because of the double week GW1

Only ten assuming every other player is starting, not injured. 

Isn't that the point of transfers?

Click on "leagues" (next to Transfers), then "Join a League", then select private league and hit "next", then enter the code and hit "Join Private League"

Thanks for that:

What happened was that I had too many Villa players but they let me enter my team name.When I went back and logged in I had no team, so I entered my team again and this time I was told I had too many Villa players ( 4 ) so I entered another team and this time I was able to enter the code and join up. 

So, here is Armchair Athletic

Cech    Howard

Mertesacker   Walker   Lowton   Jagielka   Cuella

Bale   Gerrard   Gutierraz   Michu   Cleverly

Benteke   Weirmann   K.Jones

Week 1 will probably stay like this.  I don't mind having 3 Villans going into week 3.  Firstly I can always ditch Delph beforehand and besides he's my bargain midfielder anyway.

keeper.png
Boruc

home.png
Ivanovic (c)
home.png
Zabaleta
home.png
Coleman

home.png
Kagawa
home.png
Lampard
home.png
Walcott
home.png
Delph

home.png
van Persie
home.png
Anelka
home.png
Benteke

keeper.png
Gazzaniga
home.png
Paulinho
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Turner (Cardiff)

EDIT : The team tag doesn't quite work as well when dealing with players of other teams !! Oops :-)

damn have to take Bent out, expected him to get a transfer by now :(

Same. I was hoping he'd end up at Newcastle, he'd start every week and get decent service.

Now I've got Shane Long instead, at least for Week 1.

Firstly I can always ditch Delph beforehand and besides he's my bargain midfielder anyway.

33 points last season. He's not a bargain, he's a waste of money. Whittingham, Sterling, Morrison x2, hell even Snodgrass and Mirallas are bargains. 

Firstly I can always ditch Delph beforehand and besides he's my bargain midfielder anyway.

33 points last season. He's not a bargain, he's a waste of money. Whittingham, Sterling, Morrison x2, hell even Snodgrass and Mirallas are bargains.

Yes but players don't perform the way they did the season before. Otherwise there'd be no such thing as a bargain because they'd all be priced exactly correctly. I happen to think this season's Delph has goals and assists in him.

And bargain in the context I used it in meant the cheap option in my squad. He's literally the cheapest midfielder in the game @ 4.5m.

Anyone had problems logging in? I've set up a team, went to change it and said password was incorrect ( it wasn't). Have requested password reset but nothing comes throug (have checked junk but nowt there). Have been on faqs and emailed them but still nothing

Can't get the iPhone app to work

Said you have to register first which I am as I've logged in to the website countless times

RVP seems to expensive for my liking

Did a team with him in but it seemed weak all round ... Did a team without him and it had a lot more points on paper each week , assuming he doesn't have a blinder of course

Only time will tell ....

Edited by tonyh29

What are the points by each players names for and do we play each other in this league ?

The VillaTalk league is not a head-2-head league, so no we don't play each other. You just get as many points as you can, and the league sorts everyone based on most points gained. As for the points by each player's name. I'm not sure which screen you're referring to. It could be the amount of points that each player has gained in this particular game week.

If you hover your mouse over 'TS' you will see it says 'Total Score' and the 144 for Cech refers to the 144pts he got for the whole of last season. That will reset to zero once the season starts.

I never get round to doing weekly transfers so gone for a team which should go ok over the whole season.

Mignolet

Baines--Mertesacker--Jagielka--Evra

Lampard--Fellaini--Hazard--Walcott
Benteke--Lambert

They used to have a head to head competition that you were automatically entered into. Think it was a knockout format. you just got drawn against a random opponent each week and it was whoever got the most points that week.

Just like a sidegame form the usual league. Dunno if it still happens.

my team is close to invincible, I just hope somebody out there can stop it being a fore gone conclusion by November

However, I suspect I will run a team along MON tactical lines, I've spent everything and probs won't change the team between now and May

On your phone are you using a dedicated app or using the website through an android/apple browser?  I can log in through 2 dedicated android apps and I can log on via a PC.

Â