Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

Well you know me, I can't stand wrestling (it's fake, don't you know!?) but it's an interesting watch none the less.

That it is. I had only just started looking in to backstage/shoot type things and was still pretty young when it came out and I was blown away when I watched it.

Jake the Snake and Mick Foley's lives had/have a sadness I hadn't even contemplated/knew before I watched it. It was interesting the effect their actions had on their loved ones. In-ring for Mick Foley (And then how that carried in to his family life, his mobility etc) and out of the ring problems for Jake.

Read "Have a Nice Day" if you haven't already.

ESPN 30 on 30 series is brilliant, only saw a few of them but 2 Escobars is very good 

I did watch the Catching Hell: The Steve Bartman story, that was good.

Yeah I've seen that too. Great stuff, poor guy.

• Like 1

Well you know me, I can't stand wrestling (it's fake, don't you know!?) but it's an interesting watch none the less.

That it is. I had only just started looking in to backstage/shoot type things and was still pretty young when it came out and I was blown away when I watched it.

Jake the Snake and Mick Foley's lives had/have a sadness I hadn't even contemplated/knew before I watched it. It was interesting the effect their actions had on their loved ones. In-ring for Mick Foley (And then how that carried in to his family life, his mobility etc) and out of the ring problems for Jake.

Read "Have a Nice Day" if you haven't already.

I had read it but never heard the audio book that you posted, so I'm going to to give that a listen. Thanks for that.

Anyone seen Gasland?

Yep, I've seen it. Frightening stuff.

We shouldn't let Gas fracking anywhere near this country, oh wait....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96AEzQYangE

It really is a must watch, especially as fracking will soon become a big, big issue here. Or it bloody well would be, if people had a clue about it.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

the-devil-and-daniel-johnston-dvd.jpg

I don't know his music but I heard he threw the keys out of a small plane his dad was piloting causing them to crash land.  :blink:

Yeah he's suffered from mental illness for most of his adult life. Which is all covered in the film, as is that incident. It's debatable if he's a genius or not, and I'd say his music would probably leave a lot of people scratching their heads, as to what the fuss is all about. I personally think he's brilliant, as is the documentary.   

imagine....McCullin on BBC1 at the moment.  Documentary about war photographer Don McCullin.....disturbing, deeply upsettling and awe inspiring at the same time.

Goal - 1966 film / doc about the World cup

There was also one (I am struggling to remember the name) that was made by an Italian about Drunken Germans in Hamburg in the 60's / 70's - excellent stuff and insight on the world as it was then

Edit: Found it - 'Mondo Cane"

Edited by drat01

Exit Through The Gift Shop

Can of worms.

Because of the whole, is it fake or real thing? Having watched it before I realised there was a whole conspiracy thing going on with it, it did make me wonder if some of it was staged. Once I found out the controversy, I'm firmly on the side of saying it's a big hoax (very well made, and enjoyable, non the less).

I've mentioned it before, but Sound It Out, a documentary about my local independent record shop (and the last record shop on Teesside) is a really great watch. Sad, funny, nerdy, and inspiring. It also happens to be on BBC4 again, on Saturday night. Get it watched!

Â