Where will we finish ?

Incredible revisionism by some. Bent has had more than his fair share of chances at this club and squandered them. A poor attitude and an average finisher. Bent is not the solution and hasn't been for a long time. When he's not scoring, he brings nothing to the team.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

Bent goes ages without even touching the ball in games...we saw how limited he was in the McLeish season. Think when he got injured in Feb of that year he'd scored 7 goals and 3 of them were penalties so similar to Benteke.

In a very uncreative team like us I realy don't see how he'd be a saviour. I personally think he's a busted flush at prem level these days.

• Like 3

Incredible revisionism by some. Bent has had more than his fair share of chances at this club and squandered them. A poor attitude and an average finisher. Bent is not the solution and hasn't been for a long time. When he's not scoring, he brings nothing to the team.

In THIS team and under Lambert I agree it is like playing with 10 men.

When Lambert came in he had Bent a 24m striker who all he needs is some service and he signed Benteke, turned out to be pretty good but Bent will get goals as proved when he had players like Young/Downing/Walker/Albrighton playing wide and getting crosses in.

His record for us was pretty good under McLeish and Houllier.

• Like 2

Our biggest investments in the Summer were Okore & Kozak. Both players have suffered long term injuries & surely in th case of Okore would have played a hugely influential & significant role in the general development & improvement of our defence this season. No doubt the Lambert detractors will be over looking these facts as it doesn't suit their arguments.

As for Bent he scores goals & that is unquestionably an invaluable asset to have, but for whatever reason Paul Lambert does not fancy him & both parties have already moved on this season. I suggest we all do the same.

So happy too to discover that Lambo will shortly be offered a new improved contract. This long term strategy is based on stability & is an absolute necessity & well done to the board for recognising his hard work in extremely demanding circumstances.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, "Patience, patience, patience."

• Like 4

Our biggest investments in the Summer were Okore & Kozak. Both players have suffered long term injuries & surely in th case of Okore would have played a hugely influential & significant role in the general development & improvement of our defence this season. No doubt the Lambert detractors will be over looking these facts as it doesn't suit their arguments.

As for Bent he scores goals & that is unquestionably an invaluable asset to have, but for whatever reason Paul Lambert does not fancy him & both parties have already moved on this season. I suggest we all do the same.

So happy too to discover that Lambo will shortly be offered a new improved contract. This long term strategy is based on stability & is an absolute necessity & well done to the board for recognising his hard work in extremely demanding circumstances.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, "Patience, patience, patience."

Let's see if we need to be patient at the end of the season. I honestly think we'll finish around 16th.

I get the stability argument but if you're rubbish at your job for two years, would you expect a new three year contract? He's done nothing to deserve it. Yes he's cleared out the expensive deadwood, but he's replaced it with cheaper deadwood that will need to be shifted.

Whilst Lambert in charge, I believe we're destined for lower half finishes.

Edited by benireduk

Today I've got a feeling we are going down. I change my mind on a daily basis. 

Welcome to being a villa fan under Lambert management

On occasion we look decent and then on others we look like a conference side

It seems to fluctuate as such usually dependent on whether we have Vlaar, Gabby, Benteke & Delph all playing at any particular time and if they are all playing well.. Anything else we turn into a shadow of ourselves.

Our best and in fact only premier League standard midfielder appears to be Delph who's still inconsistent and liable to cost a goal at any given moment with a poor pass or messing about in dangerous area's... Usually because the other midfielders are giving him no options as much as anything it has to be said though.

So not surprising that we struggle as more often than not we don't have all those ingredients in the team together....then we fail to win every time. Weird thing is when they are all there we are a decent team.............Talk about fragility!

Even under the 'reign of boredom,' otherwise known as the McLeish era, I was confident that we would avoid relegation. Honestly, with the tightness of the league, I think we'll finish between 10th and 13th but the points gap between the teams below will be incredibly tight. 

surely in th case of Okore would have played a hugely influential & significant role in the general development & improvement of our defence this season. No doubt the Lambert detractors will be over looking these facts as it doesn't suit their arguments.

and you are certain about that? ....to quote the swipe you must be.....and its a fact is it?

I thought that about Sylla,Luna,Tonev,Bacuna,Westwood,Lowton.

Until we see him play in a number of games we can only assume....lets HOPE you are right though.

....but i will grant you it was a very disappointing injury.

Edited by TRO

Â