Where will we finish ?

taking into consideration that man city, utd, chelsea and arsenal will somehow cover the top 4

with liverpool, everton, tottenham, stoke and newcastle taking up the next 5 spots, i reckon the highest we could break is 10th, but seeing as our midfield is awful, we could be pipped by west ham, west brom and fulham who are also better than us, so realistically, 13th at the most

taking into consideration that man city, utd, chelsea and arsenal will somehow cover the top 4

with liverpool, everton, tottenham, stoke and newcastle taking up the next 5 spots, i reckon the highest we could break is 10th, but seeing as our midfield is awful, we could be pipped by west ham, west brom and fulham who are also better than us, so realistically, 13th at the most

Obviously from my username you can see that I think Hughes is a good manager, but Idk how Stoke and Newcastle are nailed on to finish top nine. Unless you are overeacting to the first couple games.

always remember, Wolves had 7 from their first three two years ago.

12th. I said 12th before the start of the season I am sticking with that. I think people had been on the sherry when they thought we could be close to the top 8. Nowhere near that at present. I will take a few good peformances like Arsenal, a few crap ones like today, and some improvement to a mid table this year. Thats about as much as we can hope for. If we should be happy as that as Villa fans is another matter altogether.

Everyone was optimistic two days ago, its surely pretty crazy to react this way to one game? Still top 10

Hi Rovers...

I get totally what you are saying and it is quite churlish to push a panic button so early and as you have observed after one game. My concern though is that we watched the Newcastle game play out almost the same way as the previous Liverpool game. Slow start (kind of like one of those dreams where although you are trying to run, your feet are stuck in treacle), go a goal behind etc with a very 1-sided first half. We rallied in both games after the break and arguably could have got an equaliser versus Liverpool like we did against Newcastle. We then saw Newcastle raise their game (which I think Liverpool would have done) and go and score another.

De Ja Vous - or however you spell it.

I'm not panicking by any means. Liverpool seem to be destined for better things another season in to the Rodger's Realm, and I don't think anyone can say that Newcastle are a poor side - they have some great players. They might go all yellow bellied in the freezing cold winter etc, but you never know.

Difficult to know what direction we are heading at the moment. Second home game running - defeat. And whilst I do not like to single individuals out, is Gabby playing centre forward or further out towards the wing? At times, it seemed to me that he was polluting Benteke's space, whereas I was would have expected him and Weimann to be ready to fly down the wings and use their pace? In the first half, if anyone cares to watch it back, just see how many players were just following the ball - and generally all bunched over to our left hand side. It looked amateurish - over to you Paul; in you I trust.

Honestly? I can't call it at the moment. I fear for us in truth after that pile of pants at the weekend.

At home we are relegation fodder, 5 wins from 21 home games? That is disgraceful!! I am stopping going to home games now as i am fed up of watching us play clueless blunt football & seeing us lose to mediocre teams.

Away we are hit and miss so i expect a mixed bag of results.

Very disappointed as there was so much optimism at the season's start especially after the Arsenal result which is looking more & more to be in the "Fluke" category as was the Anfield win last season.

The excuses from the club are wearing a bit thin now, they had plenty of time to resolve our blatantly obvious issues which are

1. We can't defend

2. We have no creativity apart from being quick on the break away from home.

Seems like we've been saying that for the last goodness knows how long :/

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Not panicking just yet, but I just don't see where we're going to get the points at VP from.  I think we'll do well away, but we're only set up to play well when teams come at us.

Man City at home is actually a more enticing fixture fro me than Newcastle.

Â