Where will we finish ?

No we will lose more home games but then again our best recent home form was in 02/03 under Graham Taylor when we won 11 home games....and lost 6. In 07/08 MON's best home record was winning 10 and also losing 6.

Why the obsession with drawing games all the time? Yes it's better than losing but it's only a point more and that attitude has held us back in the premier league era I think, certainly in the Gregory days when we were all highfiving his 10 match unbeaten runs even if six were draws.

If we'd beaten Newcastle that would've actually got us more points than drawing the Liverpool and Newcastle games.

I don't think I've picked up an obsession on here with drawing games. In the dreadful McLeish season we drew an awful lot of games and people generally seemed to despise him for it. But there is a need to pick up as many points at home as possible and, to misquote slightly Brendan Rodgers, "if you can't win a game, it's important not to lose it". We must turn round the current feeling amongst premier league clubs and players that coming to Villa Park is a soft touch and relatively easy chance to get 3 points.

I note your stats about 2002/3 and 2007/08 where, unusually, we won 11 and 10 games respectively. That's fine if we can do that this season. What do you think our prospects are?

Practically zero.

We have drawn a lot of games in the premier league era, look back to Gregory's record and even under MON and you'd notice we'd have drawn a lot more games than the teams who'd finished around us apart from Everton who've had very similar ups and downs to us.

If we'd drawn with Newcastle and Liverpool we'd still only be stuck in mid table with likes of Southampton and West Ham so it doesn't really hold much difference to me, I'd rather we go all out for the 3 points which seems to work fine away from home but is practically impossible to execute at Villa Park.

I'm sticking with 6th. Bold I know but **** it.

We don't have the home form for it. Can see us being in the top 6 for away form though.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

Wait so after winning 2 of our first 3 away games that we'll only win 4 more for the rest of the season?

We don't have the home form for it. Can see us being in the top 6 for away form though.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

Wait so after winning 2 of our first 3 away games that we'll only win 4 more for the rest of the season?

I will re-judge at the end of October. Once teams work us out or if Brad fails to save us, we will not find it as easy.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

I will re-judge at the end of October. Once teams work us out or if Brad fails to save us, we will not find it as easy.

Not saying it will be easy but we're clearly very good away from home, and I think it has more to do with the fact that we're a counter-attacking side. Teams have known we're a counter-attacking side for years - pretty sure we were "worked out" long ago.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

Not saying it will be easy but we're clearly very good away from home, and I think it has more to do with the fact that we're a counter-attacking side. Teams have known we're a counter-attacking side for years - pretty sure we were "worked out" long ago.
6 wins and 3 draws is not un-realistic based on current form. Edited by dodgyknees

6 wins and 3 draws is not un-realistic based on current form.

The same current form which has seen us win two tough away games and narrowly lost the other unfairly?.

If we keep up this away form we'll have no problem surpassing 6 wins.

6x away wins = 18 points4x home wins = 12 points9 draws = 9 points= 39 points

6x away wins = 18 points4x home wins = 12 points9 draws = 9 points= 39 points

"Very good away from home"? Getting a bit carried away?

We had a great victory away against Arsenal and a good result against Norwich that wasn't a great performance,

We had a great victory away against Arsenal and a good result against Norwich that wasn't a great performance,

Performance doesn't matter. If you're winning the majority of your away games (as we are now) then you're in good form away from home. Don't really see what I'm getting carried away about? It could change but at the moment we're looking very good away. We all know it's at home where our problems lie.

I have got it as this calender year away from home in the league( so the Millwall and Bradford nightmares are excluded) has played 12, won 5, drawn 4 and lost 3.  And those defeats were at Arsenal with a late goal, a defeat V United for the title and the narrow loss at Chelsea.  We also threw away wins at Everton, West Brom,  and Swansea.Thats 19 points from 12 which is pretty decent I would say. Just sort out the home form please Paul and we might have  a decent season.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Only 4 points from top!

6 points from our first 5 matches, considering the opposition, is very acceptable IMO. 

We will still need to improve by leaps and bounds if we want to stay in the top half of the table.

• Like 1

Performance doesn't matter. If you're winning the majority of your away games (as we are now) then you're in good form away from home. Don't really see what I'm getting carried away about? It could change but at the moment we're looking very good away. We all know it's at home where our problems lie.

6 wins, 3 draws is about where we will be away from home. I am basing my predictions on what I have seen so far. 

If by chance we can actually play football at home, instead of spot the scared rabbit. I will guess we will add another 12-15 points to my prediction.

And we have to remember we will not be perfect away from home all season, 6 wins and 3 draws plus 10 losses (Man United, Hull, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Southampton, Cardiff and West Ham) is not unreasonable based on us, as a team, today.

Â