Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Bertrand signing is far from a sure thing, as is Bennett continuing to improve. I'd hope the club keep hold of Luna, he's young, he's got ability, and he's on low wages. Ideally we'd keep all three. 

Yes, there is no reason to throw any of them out just yet. Give it another season and the pecking order will be better established. The player not getting game time will probably ask to move themselves.

I'd like us to keep Luna, as he's not really been given lots of time to settle, he may have been poor recently, but remember it is his first year in the country and he had no back up for most of the season as Bennett was injured. He needs time to settle and, a bit like Bennett, a run in the team where he's not relied upon as our only LB.

He's very much a Spanish full back though, i.e. good offensively, shite defensively. Out of all the LBs we've had suggested should be moved forward to midfield on here, I think Luna is probably the only one who'd do a decent job there, with out being missed in defence.

found an express and star link about Luna is unhappy and had twitter outburst last night but when clicked on it they have deleted it.

Anyone know what he was meant to have said?

Yeah I managed to see it, he was talking about some kind of extension, to be honest, when translated it didn't make sense, and It wasn't anything I'd call an outburst. Just seemed frustrated at not playing.

Someone may have seen it longer than me though and can shed a bit more light on it.

Edited by villan_007

According to the E & S he tweeted "There's still another extension before my game... So I think I'm screwed, I don't like these things".

Whatever that means.

I suspect he meant to say there's another game before his extension. Meaning he's one game shy of some clause in his contact and he's suddenly out of the team. I am just guessing of course but it sounds more logical that way.

According to the E & S he tweeted "There's still another extension before my game... So I think I'm screwed, I don't like these things".

Whatever that means.

I suspect he meant to say there's another game before his extension. Meaning he's one game shy of some clause in his contact and he's suddenly out of the team. I am just guessing of course but it sounds more logical that way.

No, he is saying he has had a set back with his recovery, an extension of his time out before he can get back in the side. 

Whatever that means.

While the economics of running a club are important, if this is were the prime reason for not playing him it is a  sad but necessary part of  the business  of football as it exists in the Premiership today.

As long as money and economics is the primary focus at  Aston Villa  and the current regime I fear that we  will need to lower our expectations as supporters and players like Tony Moon may have to either adjust  to   the  realities  at  B6  or  be prepared to move to  clubs that put football first and economics  second. 

Having witnessed AVFC relinquish an all out effort  to gain Silverware  from the  FA Cup and League Cup this season in order to concentrate on Premier League survival, if I were Tony Moon I know what I would be  telling my agent.

A word  to the wise though Tony,  don't hang  your  washing and feelings out in the public eye, do what you have to do to keep  your football career  alive, even if  sadly it would mean you leaving  our   beloved   Aston Villa.

Personally I like  "The  Barber of  Seville" and I hope he recovers  from his injury  and  comes back so  strong that he  gets  back into the team once again.

Watch  this space!  UTV

• Like 1

Whatever that means.

As long as money and economics is the primary focus at  Aston Villa  and the current regime I fear that we  will need to lower our expectations as supporters and players like Tony Moon may have to either adjust  to   the  realities  at  B6  or  be prepared to move to  clubs that put football first and economics  second. 

That would be the majority of clubs nowadays and players like Luna aren't good enough to get into the few clubs that do put football first. 

Whatever that means.

Awful piece of journalism. Read a tweet put 2 + 2 together got 10. He had to retract it within an hour. How can a tweet be the sole source for an article is beyond me but that's what it's come to these days!

I was saying Bennett didn't had a proper run with the team , And to be honest , His last two games with the team as LB he was good .. At home Against Chelsea two times .. Don't remember how good was he against Wigan though ..

I don't rate Luna .. He isn't good with the ball , And average at best without ball ..

I like Luna. His positioning let's him down, but other than that, he's been a better player than Bennett. One good game against Chelsea, and now Bennett is the 'flavour of the month backup leftback' (quite a title). I think it's a shame that one of Luna and Bennett will probably have to be sold.

Â