Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Bringing Bowery on previously instead of Helenius is a prime example of Lamberts inadiquacies.

Given what I have seen from NH thus far, granted not a lot, I does seem stange that bowery has been preferred. 

Bringing Bowery on previously instead of Helenius is a prime example of Lamberts inadiquacies.

Given what I have seen from NH thus far, granted not a lot, I does seem stange that bowery has been preferred. 

Bowery has always been brought on to hold the ball up and be a presence. Which has more than Helenius as he is more built up than him. But in terms of ability and potential than Helenius seems streets ahead.

good article on Nicklas with PL saying he will get a chance. Bout farking time.

Can't be true, Lambert hates him.

He says that he has been struggling to keep up in training by the sounds of it - maybe he is only just now getting ready to compete. It was a big step up.

Bowery has always been brought on to hold the ball up and be a presence. Which has more than Helenius as he is more built up than him. But in terms of ability and potential than Helenius seems streets ahead.

Then why has he stuck him on the wing several times as a sub?

Re Helenius, the lad is one of those players who just doesn't get stuck in during training or runs around at full tilt. Bags of ability though. 

Weimann has started nearly every game and scored once, and looks a lot better and more dangerous when he comes off the bench. ie. the derby game earlier thi season.

Our number 9 definitely deserves a starting berth over him, how many chances is PL gonna give AW? It's getting boring now. He's losing the fans now with his choice to keep starting him, gotta drop him and give Helenius, who does actually look young and hungry, whereas Weimann looks like he's stuffed, no more hunger there, he looks as if he's just lounging around on the sofa now after a 3 course meal that was last season

Problem is who we play in 3 of our next 4 games, will he make much of an impact if he starts?

We don't know, but if I were a defender I'd relish the prospect of marking Weimann at the moment, whereas I wouldn't know a great deal about Helenius.

Give him a go, I say.

• Like 2

Players who come from lesser leagues will always need time to adapt to the Premier League.

He'll get some playing time now and be ready to challenge for a regular spot sometime next season.

Problem is who we play in 3 of our next 4 games, will he make much of an impact if he starts?

We don't know, but if I were a defender I'd relish the prospect of marking Weimann at the moment, whereas I wouldn't know a great deal about Helenius.

Give him a go, I say.

I agree but if he does little he'll be labelled a flop.

Best to flop when everyone else is flopping, wont stand out as much^^

But he offers something different, cant do any worse than the rest of them at the monent!

True, he can come in and be the same and not score or be different and actually put the feckin ball in the net!!

If we dont play helenius instead of weimann against arsenal I will dispair . Helenius has done more in hes few minutes of game time that weimann has done so far this season and is by far a better pass of the ball

Well if Lambert's comments are anything to go by, I'd expect to see more of Helenius in the 'coming weeks and months'.

Paul Lambert has backed Nicklas Helenius to play his part for Villa in the absence of Libor Kozak.

Kozak, who has generally been the go-to forward on the bench when Christian Benteke has started, broke his leg in training.

Striker Helenius came on against Sheff Utd and impressed with good hold-up play and a well-taken goal late on.

Lambert, despite the loss, was delighted to see Helenius on form in claret and blue.

And the boss insisted that Helenius can come good in the coming weeks and months ahead.

He said: "There's a chance for Nicklas to stake a claim.

"Nicklas did well when he came on. If there's one plus from the game, it was Nicklas coming on and scoring his first competitive goal.

"He has a bit of a hard time since he's been here. But he's a really lovely guy. He's a nice guy.

"It was a good goal. That will give his confidence the world of good.

"It's taken him time to adjust.When you're that young and you're trying to get to the level, some hit the ground quicker than others.

"I was delighted with him scoring the goal."

Â