Nicklas Helenius

bickster

And people (including his ex manager) were slating him saying he wasnt premier league.

Granted he scored against a league one team, not that imprsssive.

But there are a few players who have many more starts and have done much worse.

The lad looked good in pre season and good today. Give him a start.

• Like 2

And people (including his ex manager) were slating him saying he wasnt premier league.

Granted he scored against a league one team, not that imprsssive.

But there are a few players who have many more starts and have done much worse.

The lad looked good in pre season and good today. Give him a start.

THIS! Unleash him and Benteke together v arsenal, what can go wrong? It's not as if we can say we'd expect to beat the league leaders... We could give them a good match and try to win... End of the day it's a no loss situation if we play Helenius against Arsenal... even Donacien should get a shot... he's got to be better than the idiots we have as 3rd and 4th choice...

Damn I had money on Helenius to score first.... at least he's scored now though!!

Still won't get started in a league game any time soon.

I remember someone saying Lambert likes to rotate his squad a lot, what ever happened to that? He plays the same s***e every week! Maybe if he dropped someone for once, they'd give a crap next time they were selected.... the only players that ever seem lively are the ones that come on as a sub.

He took a couple of touches to find his feet, but was ok after that. Not brill in the air, but we knew that already. 

Took his goal well and moved well.

Everything Weimann wasn't. Should start next game I'd say.

Off topic, would liked to have see Kozak on the end of those two crosses that Benteke fluffed today, bloody awful headers.

• Like 1

Even though we lost and the goal wasn't enough, Helenius looks like a cool dude.

Was thinking the same, seems like a fun, laid back kinda guy - similar to Laursen! Bet he'll have some decent interviews :-p

When he came on he created some much needed movement, gave their defenders a lot more to think about.

I wasn't there today mate,, in your opinion does he warrant a start?

I would start him yes, he at least stretched the opposition and his goal was very well taken.

The thing is though I think I'd start him along side a fit Benteke and they'd do well together, they played a few good passes between each other today and Benteke nearly put Helenius through for a second. But I don't think Benteke is anywhere near fit at the moment which is a worry.

I remember him running for a ball near the touchline and he was trying but didn't look comfortable at all.

So for now, as much of a gamble as it is, I'd start Helenius and let Benteke rest. Helenius/Albrighton/Agbonlahor may be a good option for now.

They did link up quite nicely.

Benteke fell over at one point clutching his knee so that could have sprung up again. The thing with helenius is that he doesn't win the headers, however if we have Benteke on the pitch hopefully he can win the headers with Helenius just playing off him. 

• Like 1

K

When he came on he created some much needed movement, gave their defenders a lot more to think about.

I wasn't there today mate,, in your opinion does he warrant a start?

I would start him yes, he at least stretched the opposition and his goal was very well taken.

The thing is though I think I'd start him along side a fit Benteke and they'd do well together, they played a few good passes between each other today and Benteke nearly put Helenius through for a second. But I don't think Benteke is anywhere near fit at the moment which is a worry.

I remember him running for a ball near the touchline and he was trying but didn't look comfortable at all.

So for now, as much of a gamble as it is, I'd start Helenius and let Benteke rest. Helenius/Albrighton/Agbonlahor may be a good option for now.

Thsnks for that mate.

His first touch isn't great, but his movement and technique was good. He took his goal well and I'm chuffed for him. I'd quite like him to replace Weimann in the starting line-up against Arsenal.

• Like 1

I wouldn't play him against arsenal. He's very technical obviously, but against a side that will have as much of the ball as arsenal weimanns work rate is more important IMO. Use him against the lower sides.

seriously work rate weimann bollox to him I Wudnt even play that bell in the reserves helenius must be given a chance

I wouldn't play him against arsenal. He's very technical obviously, but against a side that will have as much of the ball as arsenal weimanns work rate is more important IMO. Use him against the lower sides.

seriously work rate weimann bollox to him I Wudnt even play that bell in the reserves helenius must be given a chance

Weimann is almost a waste of strking shirt - you just no he isn't going to score. Last weekend when Gabby gifted a goal a sunderland - had that chance fell to Weimann  - I wouldn't haven't fancied him to score. Helenuis should be above Weimann in the pecking order...

• Like 1

Â