Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Hmmm, sort of wish we'd gone in for Cornelius and maybe this shows us that the big money really isn't there, if he was as easily gettable as he obviously is then why would we go for Helenius ahead of him?

could imagine the uproar on here if we paid 7.5 million for a guy in Danish league. He had 1 season and only got a couple of goals more than Helenius who cost 6 million less

Exactly.

I leave the tough decisions to someone who is paid well to make them, knows more about their overall budget than I do and spends their working hours investigating targets in more detail than my youtube highlights viewing.

A small interview from tipsbladet.dk with our new Director of Sports, Allan Gaarde. He is replacing our current Director through approx 20 years, Lynge Jacobsen. He started 2 weeks of tutoring on 14th June. Google translated, hope you can read it :)

As Lynge Jakobsen and Allan Gaarde Tuesday 18 June flew to England to negotiate a Nicklas Helenius sale, the two AaB leaders thought that they figuratively would get a striker with back home.

earlier this month AaB sold Nicklas Helenius to Aston Villa and jumped on the summer Superliga trend in relation to selling players to the Premier League. But the club's new sporting director Allan Gaarde reckoned not with that sales would fall into place when he and his teacher, Lynge Jakobsen sat on the plane to Birmingham 18 June.

- When we sat on the plane at 6:25 on Tuesday, we had no aspirations. We thought the most that we should try it, be the experience richer, and then see what would happen. We were not sure that there would be a positive outcome. It would be foolish not to spend the time and money to make the attempt. It was the beginning of the trip, said Allan Gaarde for Tipsbladet.

- We were not sure how much they knew about Nicklas. How much would it and how much it was a wild shot. There are many suckers in this world. But when you sit face to face, so you can feel on people whether they are serious. And we could feel immediately that they had researched seriously at him. It was a player they saw a future in and wanted to sign. It gave a different climate for negotiations, and so we could try something. One of the main things I have learned on the trip is that it is bullshit to undercut or outbid, for example, that we required eight million pounds, it's incredible stupid. Rather, without being naive and stupid, rather start a realistic place. It gives a better debate.

Gaarde is glad sale but denies that it was deliberately timed for him to get a good start.

- It was also a calculation of how much Nicklas would give us playing another season. He would get upset and demotivated, if there had been an offer from a club he wildly wanted to. If we pull it out of the equation, could he give us a good position in the league? Could he kick us in the Europa League group stage? You do not know. There are a lot of uncertainties, which could have given us extra money. But it was wishful thinking, this from Aston Villa was cash here and now, and the ones we need. It was a super trade and a good signal to our talent work. Over in the amateur division they are proud. There have been no other talk in Svenstrup in recent days that Helenius started out there. It is the fourth in a few years that have passed from our talent department for big clubs. For Premier League, Juventus, Ajax and Groningen. It's a great signal that we do not stand in the way of these young players.

• Like 2

A small interview from tipsbladet.dk with our new Director of Sports, Allan Gaarde. He is replacing our current Director through approx 20 years, Lynge Jacobsen. He started 2 weeks of tutoring on 14th June. Google translated, hope you can read it :)

As Lynge Jakobsen and Allan Gaarde Tuesday 18 June flew to England to negotiate a Nicklas Helenius sale, the two AaB leaders thought that they figuratively would get a striker with back home.

earlier this month AaB sold Nicklas Helenius to Aston Villa and jumped on the summer Superliga trend in relation to selling players to the Premier League. But the club's new sporting director Allan Gaarde reckoned not with that sales would fall into place when he and his teacher, Lynge Jakobsen sat on the plane to Birmingham 18 June.

- When we sat on the plane at 6:25 on Tuesday, we had no aspirations. We thought the most that we should try it, be the experience richer, and then see what would happen. We were not sure that there would be a positive outcome. It would be foolish not to spend the time and money to make the attempt. It was the beginning of the trip, said Allan Gaarde for Tipsbladet.

- We were not sure how much they knew about Nicklas. How much would it and how much it was a wild shot. There are many suckers in this world. But when you sit face to face, so you can feel on people whether they are serious. And we could feel immediately that they had researched seriously at him. It was a player they saw a future in and wanted to sign. It gave a different climate for negotiations, and so we could try something. One of the main things I have learned on the trip is that it is bullshit to undercut or outbid, for example, that we required eight million pounds, it's incredible stupid. Rather, without being naive and stupid, rather start a realistic place. It gives a better debate.

Gaarde is glad sale but denies that it was deliberately timed for him to get a good start.

- It was also a calculation of how much Nicklas would give us playing another season. He would get upset and demotivated, if there had been an offer from a club he wildly wanted to. If we pull it out of the equation, could he give us a good position in the league? Could he kick us in the Europa League group stage? You do not know. There are a lot of uncertainties, which could have given us extra money. But it was wishful thinking, this from Aston Villa was cash here and now, and the ones we need. It was a super trade and a good signal to our talent work. Over in the amateur division they are proud. There have been no other talk in Svenstrup in recent days that Helenius started out there. It is the fourth in a few years that have passed from our talent department for big clubs. For Premier League, Juventus, Ajax and Groningen. It's a great signal that we do not stand in the way of these young players.

Great article.  Thanks Aab, but it shows again a thoroughness with our scouting system under Lambert.

I would have rather taken Helenius than Cornelius, but we will see how it goes next year. Helenius certainly has talent so it will be interesting to see how he will tackle on PL.

Cornelius to me is a bigger gamble imo.

A problem I also see, is the fact that with that pricetag, Cornelius is bought to be a starter.
a 20-year-old kid coming from a much inferior League.. thats a gamble having him as a starter.
Helenius will have some time to grow into his role..
He won't need to deliver from the first game, but can get the 10/15minutes now and then as he should the first 2 months.
How any player should be established.

and with Helenius' pricetag.. I Mean its practically impossible to lose Money on him.. even if he doesn't score a single goal in 2 years..
he will still only be 24 with Premier League experience.. getting 1.5mill for him won't be a problem.

Edited by P3nnyw1se
  • Like 2

and with Helenius' pricetag.. I Mean its practically impossible to lose Money on him.. even if he doesn't score a single goal in 2 years..

he will still only be 24 with Premier League experience.. getting 1.5mill for him won't be a problem.

Delfouneso is younger and has prem experience and I don't see anyone paying that much for him so it's not necessarily that easy to get money back

well that might be true, but Helenius has had many Clubs after him.. sporting Lissabon, Ajax to mention two.
Lissabon made an offer Helenius turned Down.
even if he does fail in Villa, you can't take away his 2 seasons in Aalborg as a topscorer or the fact that he has been on the national team.
that alone would make him attractive to any Danish Club.
we see that a few times in the Danish League, some great player leaves for a big Club, doesn't get to play a lot and then returns to the highest bidder in the Danish League.

Edited by P3nnyw1se

Also think its a case of cardiff being new to the league and everyone knowing they have money, they arent experienced at negotiations at this level and by the sounds of it (and the evidence) we are getting much better at it.

We cant lose on the guy he cost pennies and looks a talent, theres always a risk of course with 6 signings and more to come of course a few of them wont deliver or live up to the hype but from what ive seen hes going to be a handful for even the most experienced defenders.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/42/c6/0,,10265~12043842,00.jpg

"Niklas Helenius loving his first day at Bodymoor. Pictures by Neville Williams/Aston Villa/Getty Images."

Not sure the caption quite fits the picture there....

He does'nt normally show that many emotions. Almost only scoring and winning can put a smile on his face :)

Sounds like a proper scandinavian. :D

Edited by Jarpie

"Niklas Helenius loving his first day at Bodymoor. Pictures by Neville Williams/Aston Villa/Getty Images."

He does'nt normally show that many emotions. Almost only scoring and winning can put a smile on his face :)

Sounds like a proper scandinavian. :D

As long as he is not another Nicklas Bendter i'll be happy enough.  He's Arsenals Stephen Ireland.

1601.jpg

I see what you mean, he seems genuinely struggling to 'force a smile' haha 

1601.jpg

Why is Richard Bacon in a Villa shirt? :)

• Like 1

As long as he is not another Nicklas Bendter i'll be happy enough.  He's Arsenals Stephen Ireland.

Hasn't Bendtner left Arsenal? The fat word removed.

1601.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btn4KwHO0WA

• Like 1

Â