Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

53 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Saint-Maximin by some distance. 

I reckon he’s set for a proper big club move. 

This, he's actually effective. When was the last time Traore scored, or even got an assist, in the PL?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Would you rather have Saint-Maximin or Adama Traore?

ASM

Traore at the moment is looking like gabby, wolves fans can throw all sorts of shite out about teams having to play deep to counter him and doubling up on him and being terrified of his pace... But he's doing **** all with it, I genuinely think he's the 3rd best winger at Wolves, I'd take neto and podence over him (neto is better than ASM) 

• Like 1

Neto is probably Wolves' best player and the one probably most likely to attract bids from bigger clubs, went under the radar a little last season but more people starting to notice him now, only twenty as well.

That injury blow is made doubly worse by the fact they're about to go on an easy run of fixtures on paper.  Exactly the kind of run they would have picked up points from if they'd had ASM and Almiron available.  They may still pick up the odd point but 3 of their next 5 games are against sides in and around them (WBA, Brighton, Burnley), and if they lose those games they will be in massive danger :D:D  We are one of the other 2 fixtures. Shame if we stuck the knife in. Let me check Smith's record against Bruce ... :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/almiron-and-saint-maximin-out-until-april/

that's them **** then

Newcastle United forwards Miguel Almirón and Allan Saint-Maximin will be out of action until April after picking up injuries during the Magpies' 1-1 draw with Wolves on Saturday.

A player returning from a long spell out under Steve Bruce and breaking down 2 weeks later. Shocking stuff. Absolute SHOCKING!!!!

• Like 2

It was clear from the MOTD highlights they actually played very well against Wolves, attacking football, swift build-ups, and were unlucky not to win. Well, now it's nervy times for them with their three best forwards suddenly all out till April but I still have a feeling they'll stay up.

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What on Earth is their midfield and forward line for the next game? I guess they've got Carroll, Joelinton and Gayle who can play up top. So who is bringing the ball forward from midfield? Matt Ritchie?

Same person as before.

Darlow or Dubravka

• Haha 4

On 01/03/2021 at 14:21, villa4europe said:

ASM

Traore at the moment is looking like gabby, wolves fans can throw all sorts of shite out about teams having to play deep to counter him and doubling up on him and being terrified of his pace... But he's doing **** all with it, I genuinely think he's the 3rd best winger at Wolves, I'd take neto and podence over him (neto is better than ASM) 

There was a strong train of thought on here in the summer that Traore and Grealish were the same level. I think that's been put to bed

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a strong train of thought on here in the summer that Traore and Grealish were the same level. I think that's been put to bed

I hope these people were banned 😂😂

I remember the Traore to Liverpool rumours and people on here saying he would be perfect for them 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

ooof unlucky.   I still think they'll stay up though because Fulham and West Brom are no better than them.

I actually think Fulham will stay up. They look so much better than the team we faced at the start of the season and they aren't conceding many goals, unlike West Brom.

5 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I actually think Fulham will stay up. They look so much better than the team we faced at the start of the season and they aren't conceding many goals, unlike West Brom.

Fulham dont score though. Mitro has been woeful this season, think he got 15 last time

4 hours ago, robby b said:

It was clear from the MOTD highlights they actually played very well against Wolves, attacking football, swift build-ups, and were unlucky not to win. Well, now it's nervy times for them with their three best forwards suddenly all out till April but I still have a feeling they'll stay up.

I watched the whole game (I know, I was bored) and it was really only the first 20-25 minutes that they were on top, and ASM was running riot. Wolves got their foothold in the game at the end of the first half and never let up. As is typical of Bruce teams, they just can't keep it up for 90 minutes, probably because I imagine they don't really practice patterns of play on the training pitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What on Earth is their midfield and forward line for the next game? I guess they've got Carroll, Joelinton and Gayle who can play up top. So who is bringing the ball forward from midfield? Matt Ritchie?

Add Willock and Fraser for width.  Hendrick and Shelvey are still fit I think, and the Longstaff pair.  

They have quite a big squad to be fair but are just so poorly managed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Add Willock and Fraser for width.  Hendrick and Shelvey are still fit I think, and the Longstaff pair.  

They have quite a big squad to be fair but are just so poorly managed.

Good points, it's enough for a team I guess. Not much of a bench, and a bit of a Championship team feel, but they've got to find a way to make it work somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good points, it's enough for a team I guess. Not much of a bench, and a bit of a Championship team feel, but they've got to find a way to make it work somehow.

Absolutely and this is where Bruce is so limited.  He can set a team up but then hopes for the best.  Tricky few weeks for them I feel.

Â