Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tifo going down the pan.

Is there anyone that doesn't understand this already?

Their sensible suggestion transfer for Villa included Wijnaldum.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Would be annoying if they get Moussa Diaby.

especially as we got bailey

can see leverkusen playing hard ball, they had a good year last year, they've signed hlozek dortmund have sold haaland, they've got to be eying up 2nd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

especially as we got bailey

can see leverkusen playing hard ball, they had a good year last year, they've signed hlozek dortmund have sold haaland, they've got to be eying up 2nd

Got Florian Wirtz to sign a new contract as well. Hopefully he's back fit before long.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Tifo going down the pan.

Is there anyone that doesn't understand this already?

Their sensible suggestion transfer for Villa included Wijnaldum.

I stopped listening to Tifo years ago, I just find them irritating now. 

I’m interested to see how they do this season. Part of me thinks they’ve bought really cleverly, but the other part thinks they’re still mostly the same squad that has been fighting relegation for the last 3-4 years. 

Targett, Wood and Burn improve them a bit, but they felt more like safe signings to avoid relegation, but still feel like mid to bottom half players.

Bruno Guimaraes is obviously a quality player, as are Pope and Tripper. And Botman feels like a top-half player, but is a bit of an unknown quantity until we see him in the Prem.

Currently, it feels like a lot of it boils down to Howe, and how he sets them up. Could they have benefitted from a good serving of new manager bounce last season? And if that wears off, do they currently have the squad to push past lower/mid table?

I think they’ll do fairly well, but I also think they need to make another 3-4 good signings to really be up where their owners presumably want them (10th-7th, at a guess).

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’m interested to see how they do this season. Part of me thinks they’ve bought really cleverly, but the other part thinks they’re still mostly the same squad that has been fighting relegation for the last 3-4 years. 

I think he is staying at Watford :P 

On 14/07/2022 at 01:13, Tomaszk said:

Talk is Bordeaux need money very quickly.

Sekou Mara could be worth an investment. Grow the French contingent and pay a fee for a player under 28 :)

FFS man.

Stop going after good players. 

Go buy Ronaldo or something stupid.

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

FFS man.

Stop going after good players. 

Go buy Ronaldo or something stupid.

I can’t tell if you’re trolling with this Newcastle love-in or not anymore :lol:

I’d never heard of Mara so looked him up. According to Fotmob he was the 11th best player in the team that finished rock bottom of the French top flight. 

He scored 6 in 27 last season (0 assists).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I can’t tell if you’re trolling with this Newcastle love-in or not anymore :lol:

I’d never heard of Mara so looked him up. According to Fotmob he was the 11th best player in the team that finished rock bottom of the French top flight. 

He scored 6 in 27 last season (0 assists).

Jealous of their good targets/signings and this seems a good place to complain about it.

Wasn't in here when they were linked to Isak for £80m, that would have been stupid. Unfortunately they didn't go through with it.

Thought Guimaraes would be brilliant, he is.

Think Botman will be brilliant, we'll see.

Had mentioned this fella for us as I think it's a good shout, now linked with the woman haters. If he does sign, hopefully he flops.

Â