Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Whether they will sign one of these big names strikers they're being linked with I don't know, but they want two new forwards because of Wilson's injury, one of them will be a cheaper option that's happy enough to be a squad player. They're also desperate to bring someone in in time to play against Watford this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Chris Wood on his way to Newcastle.

£20 million release clause.

Win win for Newcastle, get a decent striker and take him from your relegation rival.

Decent striker,  3 goals so far this season, will he get Newcastle out of the relegation places ?

He's only scored three goals this season, so not sure if it will be as big a loss to Burnley as it would have been in previous seasons, if they spend £20m well they might end up with a stronger team.

• Like 1

Never been prolific 

Knows the championship, weakens Burnley, better than Joelinton going back up front 

However many years they buy him for is how long he'll be there though... 4 year deal and he'll be 1st choice until Wilson comes back, sub for 6 months and then bomb squad for 3 years 

So that's 2 players who will see retirement in black and white 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Burnley getting the better deal here, Christ I’d be gutted if we signed Woods.

He's a good player but the price is crazy. He was worth 20m maybe 3 years ago, but I would definitely not pay that now. We paid 25 for Ings who's twice the player.

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Burnley getting the better deal here, Christ I’d be gutted if we signed Woods.

Me to, I remember a few wishing we had a striker of his quality few years ago, unbelievable the progress we’ve made.

Â