Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Jawdees have taken over the BBC transfer gossip column.

According to that they are going to try and sign:

Lingard;

Tripper;

Ben Clogger Mee;

Tarkowski;

Ousmane Dembele.

spacer.png

It's so tiresome. Maybe they will be able to sign some good players, but more likely they won't be able to sign anyone much at all until the summer. And the whole thing, from the fans to the media, is just so embarrassingly thirsty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's so tiresome. Maybe they will be able to sign some good players, but more likely they won't be able to sign anyone much at all until the summer. And the whole thing, from the fans to the media, is just so embarrassingly thirsty.

I think this is on the media more than the club or the fans. Just clickbait crap

"Reluctant"

Doesn't mean they won't. Money will talk - they'll overpay, but they'll get the domestic players they want

"£20m for Tarkowski, he's out of contract in 6 months"

"We're reluctant to do business with your human right offending oil money"

"£30m"

"We're reluctant to do business with you because of, er..."

"*sigh*... £40m"

"Deal. Thank you to your kind new Saudi overlords"

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

"Reluctant"

Doesn't mean they won't. Money will talk - they'll overpay, but they'll get the domestic players they want

"£30m"

"*sigh*... £40m"

I dont think the protest is anything to do with the Saudi regime. Some clubs have been knocked down a rung because of Newcastle wealth

If they bid 35 million for Davis I wouldn't say No

10 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

"Reluctant"

"£30m"

"*sigh*... £40m"

Tarkowski is an interesting one this winter.

£20-30mill for a player out of contract is good business, but strengthening a rival and weakening yourself for the relegation fight. If he kick up a fuss, might be an opportunity for another club to come in and steal him from under Newcastles nose.

• Like 1

Tarkowski is a decent defender but he is being overrated by the media and isnt going to transform the defence. Burnley have been mainly a bottom half team since he joined and he is about 8th choice England centre back

Saw a story today saying they're maybe looking at buying Pedersen from the noses . . . not that I think he's awful, because he's a decent-to-good LB for a Championship side, but it's hardly the kind of signing their fans will have been expecting I'd have thought.

(They do desperately need a LB though)

On 08/12/2021 at 09:27, pas5898 said:

Tarkowski is an interesting one this winter.

£20-30mill for a player out of contract is good business, but strengthening a rival and weakening yourself for the relegation fight. If he kick up a fuss, might be an opportunity for another club to come in and steal him from under Newcastles nose.

West Ham will surely be in for him given they've lost Ogbonna for season and Zouma until March.

He'd likely start there aswell so would be amazed if he chose Newcastle over them.

On 09/12/2021 at 08:21, ferguson1 said:

Aaron Ramsey linked this morning. Signings like this and paying probably £300k a week or more is the wrong way to go surely? 

I think that's a cert. He's fit for once but not even making bench for Juve which says it all. Don't think they took too kindly to his comments about training regime when he was last with Wales.

That or Everton coming in with 40m bid in typical fashion.

Â