Christian Benteke

Kwan

No idea on his contract but he is in Vegas at the moment with a few other players, including Weimann. There are tons of footballers out here, WBA, Newcastle, Man City players.

Im trying to bump into them and if I can I will ask Benteke if he's staying, not saying I will get an answer though!

thats good he is on holiday with his some of his Villa mates (am i correct in saying that?)

I think they'll have discussed things earlier this week and they'll continue discussions when he returns OR

its done already ;) 

The clause will be for if a champions league club comes in for him I'd imagine and even then there'd probably be a hefty minimum release clause which would be effective from the summer transfer window next yearThey may even be able to get away with the release clause excluding English clubs which would be great

Exactly. No English clubs would be ideal, but he would be narrowing his options if he agreed to anything like that, so it wont happen.

Yeah it's unlikely, we can but hope tho!

And there's nothing to say that we defo wouldn't sell him to another English club but rather that we wouldn't be obliged to as a result of a clause........depends on how hardcore his agent is I guess.....

This is from Black Danny, who I imagine has some contacts :(

"My contact; They are struggling with Benteke, he wants to go! The bright lights of London are calling, and that's no secret! We need to get above those WBA idiots, this coming season, show them whom been running the manor for the last 40 years, anything else is a bonus!"

"My contact; They are struggling with Benteke, he wants to go! The bright lights of London are calling, and that's no secret! We need to get above those WBA idiots, this coming season, show them whom been running the manor for the last 40 years, anything else is a bonus!"

Who is Black Danny and why should we care what he says?

The bright lights of London? On the tenuous assumption that there's any truth to it. Unless it's Arsenal or Chelsea (who have Lukaku, so that makes it Arsenal) then the lad lacks ambition.

But actually, I choose to ignore that message as talk is cheap.

Sounds like bs to me, many others are saying the opposite that he's already signed.

Black Danny is a large black man, named Danny, with a really funny animation on his website.

He used to fight people at football matches, but doesn't any more, hurrah.

He probably does have a couple of people who know bits to be fair.

As much as I hate to say it, Danny (ex Villa Hoolie) knows more people than some realise. I hope it's BS but.....

A crumb throwing in the know without a VT account, apparently!

No idea on his contract but he is in Vegas at the moment with a few other players, including Weimann. There are tons of footballers out here, WBA, Newcastle, Man City players.

Im trying to bump into them and if I can I will ask Benteke if he's staying, not saying I will get an answer though!

Good luck in trying. Luke Moore was in the row in front of me to LA. he told me that he was going elsewhere, but I think that he was Vegas bound as well.

But bumping into anyone is pretty unlikely I think, apart from the Zak whatsisname lookalikes. There are plenty of them!

Listen I think Lambert is smart enough to say to Benteke, look we only really started playing with you as our out-and-out forward with tactics and personnel that supported you and set you up to do a lot of damage from January onwards, and you still finished at the 4th highest goalscorer in the league. 

Next season if you stay with us you'll already be familiar with the style of play we're aiming for, and you'e already had some key understandings built up with Lowton, Westwood, Weimann, Gabby. This sets you up nicely for next season to compete for the Golden Boot. 

If you go somewhere else, you will need to spend some time getting that rapport and understanding with your teammates that you already have here. And with the World Cup coming up, time is not a luxury you have, your best bet to shine is with us. 

I think Benteke will re-sign with us, I've convinced myself now. 

Lambert surely is smarter than myself, so I'm sure he'll make the case to him even better than I have. 

• Like 1

Â