Christian Benteke

Kwan

just improve the contract of him and then is al these nosense is over. and **** off dortmund benteke stays here!

He's got 3 years left on his current contract anyway. I don't think offering him a new one does anything more than thank him for his contribution financially

i ment his salary :P

I don't understand why he'd want to go to an inferior league, Bundesliga can't be better than the Premier League surely? I suppose it would be CL football that drags him eventually. 

I don't understand why he'd want to go to an inferior league, Bundesliga can't be better than the Premier League surely? I suppose it would be CL football that drags him eventually. 

Well, is the Premier League really the best league? Or do we just believe that because Sky keep telling us so? A few years ago I would have said it was... but the standard has been piss poor really this season. 

Well, is the Premier League really the best league? Or do we just believe that because Sky keep telling us so? A few years ago I would have said it was... but the standard has been piss poor really this season. 

Agreed. When a team as average as City have been this year finish 2nd then it says something.

The Premier League has the biggest world wide audience. I suspect it is partly due to marketing and partly due to the football having a better balance of excitement and quality than most leagues across the world. Techinal ability does not always equal exciting football. Many english fans may ridicule the idea that it's the 'best league in the world', but there's no doubting it's world wide popularity.

People say it's been a bad season, but when you consider Spurs may miss out on Champions League with 72 points, just shows how competitive this season has really been.

Its been a strange season really with runaway winners and the top 5 miles ahead of everybody else. Then you have a very poor bottom 2 and not much difference between the top half and the ones near the bottom. Its not been a vintage season but its been an interesting one for us because we always felt we were up against it to stay up.

Judging how poorly the best teams in the premier league have done it, in the champions league the past years I think it's fair to say that the quality of the top teams are better in both spanish and german leagues. However the League in it self is far more competative and fast paced which in my opinion makes it the best league in the world.
I also believe that the competativeness of the english premier league makes it a lot harder for the top teams to compete in the champions league.

Edited by Skruff

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1449307/christian-benteke-agent-confident-aston-villa-deal?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5739

"Villa have said they want to speak for several weeks, but it has been difficult because of the situation in the Premier League. Now they are safe and the situation will change."

Woooooo!

Looks like Villa have wanted to sort this out well before the season has even come to an end! Positive sign that suggests we have no intention of selling  :D

It probably isn't quite as good, but it's catching up even if it hasn't caught up and the chance to play for the potential champions league winners would be tempting I'm sure

Also, I think the Premier League should improve in Europe now that the top clubs will all have managers to boot. Mancini was pretty terrible at City, and Chelsea getting Mourinho will be a big step up. Even Sir Alex hasn't been great in CL in his career

Possibly not, but it's right up there.

And Dortmund are a huge club these days. He'd be genuinely challenging for titles (you'd think) and they could quite possibly be reigning European Champions by next week.

Maybe if he had to choose between United or Chelsea or City then yeah you'd say he wouldn't want to move to the Bundesliga.

But if the choice was between staying with us in the Premier League or moving to Dortmund in the Bundesliga, we'd lose that race by a country mile, imo.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1449307/christian-benteke-agent-confident-aston-villa-deal?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5739

"Villa have said they want to speak for several weeks, but it has been difficult because of the situation in the Premier League. Now they are safe and the situation will change."

Woooooo!

Looks like Villa have wanted to sort this out well before the season has even come to an end! Positive sign that suggests we have no intention of selling  :D

Let's see what comes out from these talks... from what I remember alot of agents/players have said they'll sit down with Faulkner and discuss and 99% of them have left the club so it doesn't bode well.

Woooooo!

Looks like Villa have wanted to sort this out well before the season has even come to an end! Positive sign that suggests we have no intention of selling :D

Let's see what comes out from these talks... from what I remember alot of agents/players have said they'll sit down with Faulkner and discuss and 99% of them have left the club so it doesn't bode well.

In which case Faulkner needs to pull his finger out and make sure he offers a deal that can't be refused

Don't forget Benteke is on a 4 year contract. The only way he can leave the club if he refuses a new contract before 2016 is if the club decided to sell him.

When Benteke signed last year on £20k a week, it was his choice. We don't have to offer him a better contract.

Benteke is not going to refuse to sign a better contract with us. The question is whether he'll agree to add another year to it - whether he resigns for another 4 years or just 3 years.

If Benteke agrees only to sign for 3 years the club may consider offers for him. We would sell him this summer if we get the price we'd expect him to be next summer. 2 * PL seasons 20 goals per season = £40-50 million. We'd sell for £40 million.

Â