Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think it was the fact that Chelsea could afford to play a high line against us as we did exert enough pressure on them and force them to defend deep

I lost count the amount of times he was caught offside in that game

Edited by AshVilla

No I didn't I just didn't agree with the cobblers you posted in your usual attempt to get a reaction from people.

As I said, I'm not biting.

Cobblers ? I said if anyone had of been scouting him on Sunday they'd have gone home disappointed. You say you watched a different game to me ? Maybe you had a different angle? I was behind the goal and from where I was sat Benteke was poor all day, poor touch, poor awareness, constantly not looking across the line. Yes, you must have watched a different game to me .

The striker is always the one who looks rotten when the team is **** over by the opposition, so I don't really blame Benteke for that game. Sure he was poor, but he could not have been anything but poor unless he was positioned in midfield or something like that, making us play with 0 strikers. Darren Bent has also been the victim of this lately, he looks poor because the team elsewhere is awful. At the same time the keeper always looks good when he has to make saves every 5 minutes or so, and Guzan was voted our MotM even though he let in 8 goals.

Benteke was awful on Sunday alongside the other 9 outfield players, plus he needs to learn the offside rule :) Plus AVB can bore off trying to sign Benteke in the Summer or anytime in that meanwhile

Edited by Avflife

Exactly. AVB asked about Benteke, gives a complimentary answers which is then spun into a transfer story double quick as the journo is keen to get back to his mince pies.

Edited by djdabush

Â