Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just love the kid.

Really hope he grows to be really happy at Villa and doesn't become a Young/Downing winging type.

For that we need some relative success in next couple of seasons. The Capital One Cup would just be amazing for us this year, particularly for bringing this group of young players into a strong enthusiastic unit, and being able to add to them.

Think he could be a Villa great. Should get the number 9 shirt next year.

Sorry Morph, you're obviously having a bad time at the moment, what with keep Villa winning and everything

By the way, are you on a sponsorship deal? Do you get a pound everytime Berbatov or Redknapp are mentioned? :D

I see the children have come out to play again since i have been away.

Looking at your reply and again not answering my points, i see you are having some difficulty in formulating a sentence, so you'll excuse me if i refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

He appears to be enjoying it here and seems quite fond of the fans and touched by the way we've received. That being said, let's not kid ourselves, when the lure of a 'big' club rears it's ugly head he'll be on his way before long. I should imagine we will profit handsomnly from it though.

its all well and good being willing to sell him for no less than £30m, but its replacing him, which i dont think we will do too easily, hes certainly a gem

and to be honest, we arent hugely in debt, so id prefer benteke than the £30m

for a long time now its always been other clubs finding the gems and us paying over the odds for their cast offs (which have been replaced with the gems) well finally now its looking that the tables are turning, were finding the gems and other clubs are buying our cast offs like warnock, dunne and hutton

Immense performance at the weekend. And this article shows it wasn't the only game. I couldn't understand Lambert dropping Bent but the impact on the team as Bentekkers comes through has been fantastic.

Benteke's importance to the side is eminently visible in the statistics. Having fired off 45 shots this season, the most recent of which came in his imperious double goalscoring display at Anfield, the Belgian has had 23.3% of Lambert's youthful side's shots despite starting just 12 times, and his five goals account for 33.3% of Villa's overall tally.

The fact that only Berbatov, Rooney, Suarez, Tevez and van Persie have averaged more touches per game of strikers in the league (42.9) is the greatest indication of the huge role Benteke will have to play if Villa are to survive.

Football365.com

Â