Christian Benteke

Kwan

Beneteke is magnificent imo.

First goal was near identical to what happned against WBA when he knocked over Mcauley (pretty much the same spot) but this time instead of messing the shot up, he looked up and saw Weimann on the edge of the box.

The performances we're getting from him now show why it was worth it having to see him miss a few easy chances in his early games. Madness some on here who said he looked like a carthorse.

As ever with the way it's gone over the last few years, the worry for me is that in 18 months time we're not back at the right end of the table competiting then a club that is will come in and sign him.

Four consecutive games now he has terrorised the defence. Norwich, Swindon, Sunderland and United. All struggled to contain him. 3 goals and 2 assists in that. The dummy for the second goal was great but his bullying of Smalling...

• Like 1

This kid is still raw too. When he really settles down to life in the Premier League he is going to be a class act! I just worry about us holding on to him. It's well known that the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea are a bit short in terms of Strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those two came in for him in January or next summer. If they did, would Randy fight them off or would he take the money?

Benteke is a beast! We've got a real talent on our hands here. Rio Ferdinand is shit now but him and Smalling won't be forgetting who Benteke is any time soon! I initially thought he'd miss controlled and the ball had gone out of play for a throw in before he ran down the wing and made Smalling look silly. His dummy in the build up to our second was nice too. The crazy thing is that he's only 21 and he's new to the Premier League. The more he settles in, the better he will become. It's early days but if he does continue to improve, imagine how good he'll be when he's 25/26! Whether he'll still be here by then is another story though unfortunately.

You can see the talent in the lad, the fact in the games he's played for us, he's already shown he's learning and improving. Simply unplayable tonight, Ferdinand was crying to the ref about him, but Benteke did nothing illegal all game, they're first came from the softest of free kicks. Reminded me of Carew when he was up for it.

Courtesy of @jeromethomas14

A7XDiVBCYAArrYz.jpg

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those two came in for him in January or next summer.

And if they did I would firmly expect us to tell them to piss off.

If they did, would Randy fight them off or would he take the money?

Yes I would think RL would fight them off.

I do not think he would cash in because A) he has only just joined. B) it would undermine PL and what he is trying to build here. and C) I would expect PL to leave if that shit started happening.

You can see the talent in the lad, the fact in the games he's played for us, he's already shown he's learning and improving. Simply unplayable tonight, Ferdinand was crying to the ref about him, but Benteke did nothing illegal all game, they're first came from the softest of free kicks. Reminded me of Carew when he was up for it.

Courtesy of @jeromethomas14

A7XDiVBCYAArrYz.jpg

What a boss!

So more to the point are you going to admit your wrong about him then or not?

I have already admitted elsewhere that I may have been wrong about him. Then got slated for suggesting a change of opinion on him. Would however like to see a little more before putting my head on the guillotine.

The guys a monster, is still raw, and is learning very quickly. If we still have him in 2 years time he has either gone off the boil or PL is the new messiah!

The point made earlier about yesterdays first goal's similarity to a similar position against WBA is spot on, although having Andi screaming for the ball in space instead of Bent standing on the penalty spot surrounded by defenders does help!

Hello AV-fans

I'm following Aston Villa intensively since the transfer of Christian Benteke. I noticed there was some criticism about him in the beginning. We have been trough the same in Genk, in the beginning there was a lot of criticism because he missed a lot of chances. But he was always excellent in the field-play, great strength and good feet. The coach ignored the criticism and let him play, which turned out fantastic for us. Now we have sold him for a lot of money to your AV and he became the striker of the national squad.

So keep believing in him, one day he will begin to make his goals and become a beast in the PL. If he keeps playing like he did against Man U, you won't regret buying him for that amount of money.

Cheers from Genk.

• Like 1

Hello AV-fans

I'm following Aston Villa intensively since the transfer of Christian Benteke. I noticed there was some criticism about him in the beginning. We have been trough the same in Genk, in the beginning there was a lot of criticism because he missed a lot of chances. But he was always excellent in the field-play, great strength and good feet. The coach ignored the criticism and let him play, which turned out fantastic for us. Now we have sold him for a lot of money to your AV and he became the striker of the national squad.

So keep believing in him, one day he will begin to make his goals and become a beast in the PL. If he keeps playing like he did against Man U, you won't regret buying him for that amount of money.

Cheers from Genk.

The next Drogba IMO

Â