Christian Benteke

Kwan

Quite suprised regarding the negative comments about Benteke, if Liverpool offer the £32.5m then I don't blame him for leaving. All players want to better themselves and compete at higher levels. Liverpool is clearly a massive step up from playing for us, as for hoping he gets a serious injury well that's quite ridiculous. If it wasn't for Benteke we would would be playing Blues twice a year in the championship.

• Like 2

Quite suprised regarding the negative comments about Benteke, if Liverpool offer the £32.5m then I don't blame him for leaving. All players want to better themselves and compete at higher levels. Liverpool is clearly a massive step up from playing for us, as for hoping he gets a serious injury well that's quite ridiculous. If it wasn't for Benteke we would would be playing Blues twice a year in the championship.

This.

If he does go then I'll wish him well. Obviously I'd rather him stay, but he's paid his due in a team fighting relegation the last few seasons so if he wants to move to a team challenging for Europe, so be it.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Man United have their eye on how things are progressing with him.

If they're getting rid of RVP then Rooney is really their only senior striker.

They'll almost certainly be in the market for another striker, their current style would suit Benteke, they're spending money like it's going out of fashion so they probably wouldn't be bothered about the price, and he's torn them a new one on a couple of occasions so they're probably well aware of what he can do.

Money to spend, and they know of the release clause...if they were interested, why would they wait?

Other targets, maybe?

Maybe they think we'd accept less if time goes on (which i don't think we will, but doesn't mean they wouldn't think it)

Dunno, could well be wrong. I just find it hard to believe they wouldn't have considered him.

Other targets is the likely option, more likely do be plan b for clubs who have the clout to attract real "Barcelona class".

Did you see just when Pete Colley just gave Sherwood his £100 asked what about Benteke and said want another £100 bet with a grin saying we want him here

Did you see just when Pete Colley just gave Sherwood his £100 asked what about Benteke and said want another £100 bet with a grin saying we want him here

I've re-read that about 4 times and still cannot decipher it.

• Like 4

Colley gave Sherwood the £100 but before that he asked about Benteke when Sherqood replied do you want another £100 bet and how he wanted him to stay etc

This has to be the most pointless, disrespectful and disgusting article I have ever seen from a national newspaper!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/589041/Aston-Villa-Christian-Benteke-32-5m-Liverpool-shirt-Transfer-News-Gossip

Pictured: £32.5m Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs target wears Liverpool shirt

THIS is what Christian Benteke will look like in a Liverpool shirt.

By JAMES DICKENSON

PUBLISHED: 21:38, Sun, Jul 5, 2015

| UPDATED: 21:58, Sun, Jul 5, 2015

fb.png

tw.png

g.png

m.png

sh.png

c.png

bentekemock-312973.jpgEXPRESS

Christian Benteke looks at home in a Liverpool shirtExpress Sport understands Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will match the striker's £32.5million release clause this week.

And Benteke is expected to become the Reds' seventh signing of the summer.

Probably the shabbiest piece of sports journalism I have ever seen. If anyone doubts that Liverpool have friends in the media and they can plant stories to suit there's your proof.

"...Benteke looks at home in a Liverpool shirt"

No he doesn't, he looks like a **** word removed, i.e. the same as anyone else who happens to be wearing a Liverpool shirt, and that extends to not only players but also fans.

• Like 4

haha, poor photoshop skills too.

what dicks. 

thanks christian for keeping us up a few times, and some great "did he just do that?" type moments. with teh 32.5 mill we can get 4 players if ou scouts are up to much, so fingers crossed we should be stronger...

The only way that could look worse was if they shopped benteke's head onto a pic of Jordan Henderson,

to be fair with how lazy that piece of journalism is, I am suprised they even bothered to pick a black Liverpool player.

• Like 1

Sherwood on Sky Sports this morning:

Pete Colley: “Benteke, big question, big player, are you going to keep him at the Villa?

Sherwood: Yes.  Another £100?  (asking Colley if he would like another bet)…Listen, we want Christian here.  We want to keep our best players and Christian is certainly one of those.

• Like 1

Good luck to him.

I couldn't really care which club he joins, we are going to get our £32.5m either way.

Liverpool are a sleeping giant, they may have had a bad few years but they are a massive club. I have no doubt if he goes there he would be a success, he would offer them something they have been missing and would score goals for fun. Then from there on in, the sky is the limit. See Suarez.

• Like 4

Â