Christian Benteke

Kwan

I doubt they are going to sell sterling for less than 50 mill

Just like we wont sell Benteke for anything less than 32.5

Still a chance he will stay unless citeh go crazy and go up to 50

Tevez back to Boca with potentially Mandzuzic taking his place..would athleti get the beast in as replacement?

if someone was gonna bid id prefer it to be a club outside the prem so we wouldnt have to play against him

as much as hes helped us n kept us up id find it hard not to hate him if he joined a club not in the chapions league ( Pathetic i know )

better than giroud 

He just really isnt for a side like Arsenal. For a villa side he is. But not for arsenal/most top 4

i think he is, giroud is nothing special IMO certainly not going to get them the goals to win them the league or influence games in the same way that the likes of costa / rooney / aguero can and either way arsenal expect way too much from him, they signed welbeck but he's rarely played up top, so giroud's back up is sanogo or campbell

benteke actually has a better scoring ratio than giroud despite the injuries and playing in a much weaker team

I agree. Benteke's passing at times is brilliant and I reckon he could be moulded into an Arsenal style player. Imagine Benteke with that team around him jesssssus christ. 

I hope city walk away from sterling deal. I can't think of anyone we could get to replace benteke. Got a feeling he will stay to cement his place for the euros

There's plenty out there you just may not be aware of them. Who's got the time to watch 5/6 different leagues' games across Europe really? 

Edited by tomh621

In Bonys defense, its kinda hard to score goals when you are a £30million benchwarmer.

Bony is more proven than Lukaku imo. He has done the business in 3 different leagues and internationally. Lukaku has just regressed.

yes but theres a reason why hes a £30mil benchwarmer...because he just isnt good enough for city/top4. The most bizarre 30mil that city have spent

No he's just not good enough to replace Aguero. 

In Bonys defense, its kinda hard to score goals when you are a £30million benchwarmer.

Bony is more proven than Lukaku imo. He has done the business in 3 different leagues and internationally. Lukaku has just regressed.

yes but theres a reason why hes a £30mil benchwarmer...because he just isnt good enough for city/top4. The most bizarre 30mil that city have spent

No he's just not good enough to replace Aguero. 

sooo hes not good enough for city then is he? lols Dont really understand the point youre making.. He isnt good enough for city/top4 because they tend to have pretty elite strikers (or strikers who are good at linking up) which is making him a very expensive 30m benchwarmer and really isnt an upgrade to dzeko. He looked so out of place when he played for them

Costa > bony

Ageuro > bony

Giroud >bony

Rooney > bony

not good enough for top4 starting 11

Edited by gharperr

I'd still give Bony the benefit of the doubt.  January signings are hard to judge, especially if they miss the first month or so of the time at their new club due to international commitments.  

He definitely needs to hit the ground running this season, City struggled for goals (by their standards at least) last season, they had four players over 20 goals the year they won the league (Aguero, Dzeko, Toure, Negredo) and last season it was only Aguero who seemingly pulled his weight.   Bony can score 20 goals in that side assuming he gets 40+ appearances in all competitions.  City will expect to play 50-55 games next year so there is no reason why Bony shouldn't get a run in the side at some point.  

Arsenal is the team for Benteke all day long. Im sure Wenger knows it. Weather he feels they need him is another question, To me it would be a outstanding buy.

Said it before, but he's just not mobile enough for Arsenal.  He'd be better suited to play in a team with a distinct focal point like Chelsea/Man Utd - although can't see either of them being in for him.

Â