Christian Benteke

Kwan

I read somewhere yesterday that Juventus scouts were at the game to watch him. More likely to be Suarez I suspect they were there for

I think Suarez would require world record fees. Can Juventus afford that?

Glad Bemteke is starting to look like a footballer again. Two similar goals against top sides - needs to keep the run going now and win us a few games starting next week. If that starts happening then perhaps the old Benteke is back...

<3 ohhhhhh Christian benteke!!! <3 loved how he dominated skrtel and toure!! He's such a beast! Hope he stays next season BUT let's focus on the here and now!! We have one of the best young strikers in Europe! Lets get a number 10 in an really smash the boggies!!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc
  • Like 2

Exactly. The contract probably gave him a pay increase and the agreement that next summer he could leave if he was subject to a big enough bid from a Champions League club.

Saurez's is similar. Rather than a '50m clause, but we don't have to accept it, bad luck Arsenal' agreement, he now has a much more solid one, but only for Champions League clubs and only if Liverpool do not qualify themselves.

It prevents a moping player and therefore a decreasing value. It gives the fans a lift and it warns off the circling vultures and allows the manager to actually prepare for the season.

Lambert wasn't going to let him go, so I think his new contract was very much a "you can play on your current wage, or you can have a bit more money and play yourself into a move next summer".  I can't see him sticking around if a big club comes in for him. His recent comments about how he was playing through an injury seem almost an excuse to get back the interest of the clubs who had let interest in him drop. Or is that a bit of a cynical viewpoint? 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Problem!! If we do sell in the summer we are back to square one. How are we gonna ever build a team if everytime we have players that are quality we are forced to sell. Its gonna be really hard to keep competing.

because you'd hope with the 20-25m we'd get, we'd spend it on 2/3 quality players that should add to the squad. 

but with our club? who knows. 

Edited by KjParton

Don't want to rain on the parade but he has scored two literally unmissable headers unmarked into open goals. I still looking for more before saying the big man is truly back

(then I will put in my Fantasy Football team for the 3rd time).

Don't want to rain on the parade but he has scored two literally unmissable headers unmarked into open goals. I still looking for more before saying the big man is truly back

I didn't get a chance to watch the Liverpool game, but in the arsenal one he looked back to his old self just from open play. The announcer pointed out that he "almost hangs in the air" when going in an aerial duel, and that's exactly what I remember about benteke last season. Almost unbeatable in the air. He's also been better with the ball than previously when his touch consistently let him down.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Liverpool game, but in the arsenal one he looked back to his old self just from open play. The announcer pointed out that he "almost hangs in the air" when going in an aerial duel, and that's exactly what I remember about benteke last season. Almost unbeatable in the air. He's also been better with the ball than previously when his touch consistently let him down.

No doubt but I'm still looking forward to him spanking one from outside the box, near-side, keeper beaten.

• Like 1

Â