Christian Benteke

Kwan

Will probably be sold for around £80M after the world cup

I'd be very confident that the new contract he signed hasa release clause in it. Probably around £25m. He'd be a complete moron not to include any release clause in his contract given that he handed in a transfer request.

I'd be very confident that the new contract he signed hasa release clause in it. Probably around £25m. He'd be a complete moron not to include any release clause in his contract given that he handed in a transfer request.

Why? He was already on a long contract with no release clause. This is the same except he's almost certainly had a major pay rise too.

wouldn't waste a quid on that accumulator, even if he scores in every game he plays, at the rate he picks up yellow cards he'll never play all 38

If he didn't take part in a game that game would come out of the accum.

I believe it was confirmed that there is no release clause in his current contract.

I believe it was confirmed that there is no release clause in his current contract.

Yep been confirmed over and over on here. There is NO release cause.

Lets keep him for 2 years and build a team that can take a top 4 spot, we will lose some big wage earners next summer, pay him another increase to sign another year. We have the starting blocks to build something rather special with Lambert at the helm.

As much as I would like that, I am pretty sure him and Lambert has come to an agreement that he can leave next summer if an offer comes in that he fancies. Would explain why it went so quick to renew his contract. Either way, we have a world class striker atm and it feels damn good. 

lol lets not get carried away.  If we can get around 35 - 50M for him next summer and it can be all used to re-invest i'd be very happy.  Obviously rather keep him but got to be realistic about these things.

I agree-I think we should use the Saurez figure as a gauge (£40 million)

Which Liverpool duly rejected for not matching their valuation of him. If Benteke has a similar season to Suarez's last (i.e. 30 goals) and a decent showing in the WC, then I don't think a £50m valuation would be out of hand in the grand scheme of things.

Which Liverpool duly rejected for not matching their valuation of him. If Benteke has a similar season to Suarez's last (i.e. 30 goals) and a decent showing in the WC, then I don't think a £50m valuation would be out of hand in the grand scheme of things.

Fair comment another repeat of last season (which looks like being on the cards)& I think £50 million would be a reasonable starting point.I'd still prefer to keep him because he cannot be replaced however,I could stomach £50 million a tad more than the figure quoted during Spurs interest.

I heard there is a release clause for 40M that mean's Villa must consider the offer.  I also heard he has the same agent as Suarez ;)

He doesn't and he doesn't.

you serious mate?

whooooooooooosh :)

Look at what spurs are doing.

It's so important that when we sell him for big money Lambert is allowed to go out and spend it.

I know earlier in the summer people were happy for Lambert to be given just 50% of the fee but I think that's rubbish. Spurs are losing their best player and doing it right, spending the money they'll be bringing in and really improving their squad.

• Like 1

It's so important that when we sell him for big money Lambert is allowed to go out and spend it.

I know earlier in the summer people were happy for Lambert to be given just 50% of the fee but I think that's rubbish. Spurs are losing their best player and doing it right, spending the money they'll be bringing in and really improving their squad.

Whilst this is true - the Spudzzz wage bill must be taking one hell of a battering.

Those players brought in from the Bale money will also demand big wages, so instead of just having Bale on one massive wage, they've now got 4-5 players on around £60k+ a week. 

It's a massive gamble if they don't get Champs League again!

• Like 1

I reckon PL with get to full amount but once the contract values of the player / s goes over Bentekes contract then the contract value (wage over the contracted period) will be deducted from that amount! So if we sign a 20m striker who wants 80k per week for 5 years, then 30 per week (assuming tekkers is on 50k) over over five years will also be deducted so 27.5m will be deducted from the transfer fee! So if the fee recieved for selling tekkers is 50m then that would leave 22.5m left for any other signings plus their wages.

Spurs also have things that we don't which makes it easier to attract the best players, namely a bigger fanbase and the pull of London. I really hope there's some massive investment in Brum over the next few decades. We have some really lovely places, but not enough. Walk in the Bullring, lovely, walk down a few minutes to Fazeley and it just turns into a shithole. Manchester should be the model Birmingham tries to follow. There's no way that Manchester should be a nicer city than Birmingham.

I know spurs have the ability to attract a higher calibre of player but I still think its important the money is reinvested into new signings

There's no point gambling on these types of players if we aren't rewarded when the gamble pays off.

Â