Christian Benteke

Kwan

Vlaar and Okore should be targeting a partnership like Evans & McNaught or McGrath & Southgate.

Apologies if this is in anyway sacrilegious (and indeed OT) but did McGrath and Southgate really have that memorable a partnership? God I associate with Big Ron and Southgate I associate with Brian Little, surely any partnership they had was at the tail end of McGrath's Villa career - a season at most?

Benteke is a natural athlete. He has only recently finished playing internationals with Belgium hence his extended break. Injury aside, he will be on a leash at the Emirates come the big KO.

Pre-season is tough but Benteke won't need that many games to reach full fitness. Gabby is also a natural athlete too & I'm hoping the same can be said of Weimann too once their injuries clear up..

Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann all flying, that's what I want to see. How fabulous for us & how scary for every body else.

Bring it on!

Does everyone think CB will be as effective this season or do you think he will struggle?

There's no reason why he would struggle IMO. It'll depend on the rest of the team, if we keep going just like we were towards the end of the season, he'll score more often than he doesn't, but if we change things too much, there's a chance we'll struggle for a bit collectively

Even if there isn't a release clause, there must have been some kind of promise from the club/Lambert that he can move next year if he wants to

A bit like Modric and Spurs

I think you're right. However, if he has a decent season and a decent world cup we could be holding out for £35-£40 million as opposed to the probable £22-25 million this summer.

Gives Lambert another season to choose his player and blood in Helenius too. Win win to be honest (even though he will be off next summer).

Â