Christian Benteke

Kwan

Villa fans know his agent Kismet (however we spell it) is the greedy 1 in all this

Do we?

A lot of blame seems to be put on his agent.

I'm sure Benteke is able to make his own decisions.

Christian isnt the guy who just put in a transfer request its pretty obvious he's instructed to do that. 

Villa fans know his agent Kismet (however we spell it) is the greedy 1 in all this

Do we?

A lot of blame seems to be put on his agent.

I'm sure Benteke is able to make his own decisions.

Christian isnt the guy who just put in a transfer request its pretty obvious he's instructed to do that. 

And he can't say no? He has no voice of his own?

I won't personally boo him, as last season without his goals we would probably be in the Championship, preparing for games against Doncaster and Bournemouth, no disrespect intended :) But on the other hand I will not be signing 'Ohhhhhh Christian Benteke', unless he scores 20+ goals and we finish top 6. Hasn't shown any respect towards everyone associated with Villa, so deserves to run the gauntlet for the first few games when he next pulls on a claret and blue jersey.

Edited by Avflife

Thought the deadline was today too

The deadline was never released, neither was the amount that we want.

The Press Release from Brian Doogan said something to this effect: 'For Benteke to leave, we need to have our valuation met in a timeframe we have set'.

"Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during pre-season which meets our valuation we would act upon it. But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen."

Yup, but the deadline will be a specific date. The point being made was that the deadline (the date) has not been released.

Kismet only represents benteke and a few other basically unknowns so benteke is his only real money maker, a few words in a 22 year old lads ear will probably convince him to do things, yes he can make his own decisions but i still think his agent is playing a massive part in this.

World cup year, european football, 60/70k a week, probably all the convincing he needed. Dont think he realizes how tight levy is and might not get the agents fee expected :D

I'd be pretty nervous if I were a Spurs fan. Anyone who watched them last season knows that all they're really lacking to make a good push for the Top 4 is a solid striker. If they're abandoning their other targets in the hopes that they can put in a lowball bid on deadline day and get Benteke that way, I have a feeling they will be greatly disappointed.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm just not buying it.

Benteke wants to leave. His agent isn't forcing this on him.

Agreed. He is a grown man ffs and has made little secret since he joined that he regards us as a stepping stone to more money. Portraying his agent as some kind of nefarious mastermind manipulating the Villa loving Beneteke is just daft.

Sorry I'm just not buying it.

Benteke wants to leave. His agent isn't forcing this on him.

If Benteke has had his ear bended at all in this, he needs to realise that his agent is HIS employee.

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Benteke LOVES Villa but he clearly wasn't unsettled last season. He obviously wants to make the most of his career/talent and he's hired a professional to help him do that. If his adviser suggested it was in his career's best interests to stay for another season I'm pretty sure Benteke wouldn't have ignored the advice and put in the transfer request himself.

I think the problem people are having with the agent is that while it at least slightly debatable what is best for Benteke himself for the long term, it is clear that as many transfers as possible is best for Kismet.

This was just posted on twitter... Agent in the background...

Chris Houten ‏@mrhouts 14m

@CurtisUTV @j30rne just meet Benteke in Sutton pic.twitter.com/g9i5a1OtLK

View photo

BPd7-fRCYAAe_P8.jpg

Apologies for ignorance but is this off a villa fan and does he mean Sutton Coldfield or Sutton? As one is villa territory and the other is more spuds land??

I live in Sutton and Spurs is a hell of a long way away from Sutton... and that isn't my Sutton.

So what's the latest on Benteke??? He has said he is staying at Villa according to Facebook???

Just love the Mourinho interview on SSN, i'll try and find a link.

Classic Mourinho. That was 100% aimed at Moyes/Rooney.

Cunning mother effer isn't he Mourinho! lol. We should be in Bentekes ear casting doubt on his WC chances if he risks a move.

i honestly dont see why people are getting so worked up, fair enough it would be a massive bitch to lose him as hes amazing. But if he wants to move on to a bigger club with cl football etc who can blame him? expecting loyalty from todays players is unresonable.

i really dont think hes done anything wrong here, its just the nature of the game these days. And if he were to stay ill welcome him with open arms, id even offer him a new contract and a raise, another year on the contract and another 20 goals would leave us in a good situation if he wants to leave next summer and if he wants to stay we have a top class striker for the next season too.

and if he goes now there will be quite a profit made that can be spent on other players. id prefer him to stay, but not really bothered with what happends as it will most likely benefit villa.

progress is made in stages over several seasons, benteke is just one of many steps on the road of improvement.

edit: is that really kismet or whatever? just looks like a random fat bloke shaking hands with a black man and that has on this forum turned into kismet + sylla by association?

Edited by tomaspg
  • Like 1

Â