Christian Benteke

Kwan

To be fair I don't know what he's supposed to do...no ones made a bid, which is speaking volumes to me at the moment, I don't know what Spurs are doing, this is starting to take the piss. If they would have bid £18 million then fair enough, but all the Journos seem to still think there is no bid.

What are they waiting for?

I think its quite obvious what they are trying to do....question is how Villa will play this once it goes much further?

I think its even more obvious that they simply don't have enough money.

This is Spurs, not Chelsea or Citeh. How can they possibly afford nearly £50m on two players without:

A: Selling a bunch smaller assets (Adebayor £5m, Huddlestone £5m etc.)

B: Selling their biggest asset for a large fee (Bale £60m)

I'm sorry but they're going into the Europa League, they don't have a multi-billionaire owner and they certainly don't turnover huge amounts profit.

Breaking their transfer fee record twice within a month or so is no small feat.

Their Owner ENIC ..Jo Lewis is the majority shareholder worth and estimated $4.2 billion dollars

Relatively thats peanuts!

Still 4 times the amount of our chairman.

• Like 1

i have a question yesterday i saw a movie called : hooligans do you guys have also a firm like in the movie?

That is what Villa talk is all about!

You are now obviously a full member so we will be in contact as to where our first meet is.

• Like 2

I read somewhere Spurs were balking at paying the agent fees. Don't know how true that is.

Guillem Balague suggested that most of the teams who were after him were too nervous to commit because of his injury history.

To be fair I don't know what he's supposed to do...no ones made a bid, which is speaking volumes to me at the moment, I don't know what Spurs are doing, this is starting to take the piss. If they would have bid £18 million then fair enough, but all the Journos seem to still think there is no bid.

What are they waiting for?

I think its quite obvious what they are trying to do....question is how Villa will play this once it goes much further?

I think its even more obvious that they simply don't have enough money.

This is Spurs, not Chelsea or Citeh. How can they possibly afford nearly £50m on two players without:

A: Selling a bunch smaller assets (Adebayor £5m, Huddlestone £5m etc.)

B: Selling their biggest asset for a large fee (Bale £60m)

I'm sorry but they're going into the Europa League, they don't have a multi-billionaire owner and they certainly don't turnover huge amounts profit.

Breaking their transfer fee record twice within a month or so is no small feat.

Their Owner ENIC ..Jo Lewis is the majority shareholder worth and estimated $4.2 billion dollars

Relatively thats peanuts!

Still 4 times the amount of our chairman.

Yes but we are not shooting for the champs league.  Thems be oligarchs thar!

I think a 'minimum fee release clause' system similar to Spain could work.

The fee is always absurdly high, in Benteke's case it could be £70M.

At least then then if the vultures do start circling then the stance could be 'he's under contract for 3 more years and if you want him then you know the price'.I'm not sure if it works in Spain or even if it would stop agent/player games but we need to start keeping our best players to stand a chance of progression.

On the flip side of course it could also scupper our own chances of signing players.

Difficult!

Oh and for those who say Spurs don't do high wages, Parker is on about £70k-£80k a week, Adebayor £100k a week. They need to shift these type of players if they want to spend!

Spurs have a strict wage structure with an upper limit of £60-70k per week. I think that you will find that in Adebayor's case Manchester City put up the difference to get rid of him.

Presumably an exception will be made for Bale, if he stays.

Think our past history with Barry etc. should stand us in good stead. When we stood our ground with Barry, Liverpool got fed up and went and bought Keane instead. There will come a time when Spurs will have to make a decision to pay up or move on to the next target. They won't risk going into deadline day hoping that we'll accept a low offer.

Just found this article by the way: http://alturl.com/xkrtm

Levy's quotes are brilliant and he got Liverpool to make a donation to their charity as a way of apologizing for tapping up Keane.

But Levy added: "I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and submitted a transfer request to this effect.

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction.

"I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation."

i have a question yesterday i saw a movie called : hooligans do you guys have also a firm like in the movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hooligan_firms#England

Villa Youth, Steamers, Villa Hardcore, C-Crew

omg thats so cool :D

The 'VTers' is the biggest and best firm though.

What we lack in fighting ability, we make up for with our debating skills.

What we lack in physical prowess, we make up for with our organisational skills.

When other firms come shouting abuse, throwing out swearwords, left, right and centre. We simply say "Yeah, that's what Martin O'Neill said!" and then run away, revealing a troll-face on the back of our t-shirt!

LOLOLOLOLOLLZZZZZ

• Like 2

I believe we owe that particular group to our connection with the Cleveland Browns.

Never heard of the Steamers to be honest and Villa Hardcore doesn't ring any bells, which seems to be the currently active firm.

Villa Youth was from the 80's and the C-Crew the 70's if I'm not mistaken.

I believe we owe that particular group to our connection with the Cleveland Browns.

Never heard of the Steamers to be honest and Villa Hardcore doesn't ring any bells, which seems to be the currently active firm.

You've never heard of Cleveland Steamers before?

Look it up  ;)

Look it up  ;)

I meant a Villa firm called the Steamers.

How much do you guys see off that stuff nowadays though? Can`t be that much anymore? I would reckon it would be scattered around some pubs and certain areas that are no goes for away fans when there is a game but thats it right? Someone enlighten me

Oh and for those who say Spurs don't do high wages, Parker is on about £70k-£80k a week, Adebayor £100k a week. They need to shift these type of players if they want to spend!

Spurs have a strict wage structure with an upper limit of £60-70k per week. I think that you will find that in Adebayor's case Manchester City put up the difference to get rid of him.

Presumably an exception will be made for Bale, if he stays.

Dembele, Lloris, Vertonghen, Bale, Dempsey, Parker, Paulinho, Adebayor, Defoe. I'm pretty sure all of those players would be on at least what you mention as their upper limit, if not more, which would lead me to thinking that it isn't that strict. Unless that is something they are trying to sort out.

They don't have unlimited funds is all I am saying and to break their record twice will take some serious doing. If they can't shift the likes of Adebayor, then obviously it is going to be difficult to fund a big transfer like Benteke - this would be the same for every club apart from the likes of Chelsea and Man City, I'm not just having a pop at Spurs.

Look it up  ;)

I meant a Villa firm called the Steamers.

A lot of the old Steamers still about today.70 odd spent the weekend in Norwich when we played a couple of months ago on a stag weekend

C.Crew wrecked Brussels when we played there in 1982-As a result no Villa fans were allowed to enter Rotterdam until 4 hours before KO in the final

Â