Christian Benteke

Kwan

This saga is a fantastic example of a few things: 

Greed

Lack of Loyalty

Fan insanity

The media making stories out of thing air

No wonder the Premier League is worth so much money.

Well said! " Just wished i could have said the same in fewer words".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-christian-benteke-hopes-2055336

Christian Benteke wants Spurs to step up their pursuit of him - because he doesn't want to go back to Aston Villa this week.

Belgium striker Benteke, who smashed 23 goals to save Villa from relegation last term in his debut season of English football, slapped in a transfer request last week.

And the marksman is determined to move to the White Hart Lane club - where he has been promised a regular start by the Europa League-bound Londoners in a World Cup year.

Benteke is due back at Villa on Thursday after being omitted from their pre-season tour to Germany following crunch talks with boss Paul Lambert.

The forward is currently back home in Belgium and is anxious for Tottenham to table an offer soon.

Spurs are set to make an opening £20million bid, but the Villans are holding out for £25m.

Benteke will reluctantly return to the Midlands if necessary, as he doesn't want to be fined and lose any of his £20,000-a-week salary.

He is also mindful he needs to get in shape ahead of the new Premier League campaign, regardless of who he ends up playing for.

But the star and his agent are hopeful the two clubs can agree a fee this week to avoid him having to return to the Midlands.

If no compromise can be reached, Benteke - who went on strike at his then-club Genk last August to force through an £8m move to Villa.- may take more drastic action.

Spurs are offering to more than triple the 22-year-old's salary to over £60,000-a-week and have blown Villa's new contract offer out of the water.

Meanwhile, Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood has commited to a new four-year contract that ties him to the club until 2017

yeah lets al believe what the english press says ther arent even frikin quotes in it?tbh they did a smart thing by ending with real transfernews from westwood so that the reader would assume that the whole article is the truth.

Edited by Belgian guy

i may be stuck in an old fashioned time warp, but no footballer is worth £70k per week, not even the very best, its only a skill, an ability, people like doctors who save peoples lifes should be on more than footballers, but thats not saying they should be on £70k per week

if footballers werent paid so much, then ticket prices wouldnt be so high, they shouldnt be more than £10 per game, to sit in the cold for 2 hours, thats worth it

no doubt most of us on here bust our balls everyday to pay bills, why should thick footballers get what we earn in 2 to 3 years?

seeing as its football, an international language, then ye, ok a couple grand a week i guess, no footballer needs more than that, makes me sick

sheer greed by agents who are the cancer of the game, get rid of them and football would be more enjoyable to watch

Somebody is worth what somebody is willing to pay them. It's not like they all earn £70k a week, it's only good players who earn that. These good players see it this way:

-Their team has good attendances even though tickets are expensive, they know they are in part responsible for attendances as they will be a big draw.

-They play in a league, therefore being an "entertainer" that sells it's rights for billions.

-They see thousands of shirts with their name on the back.

-Good players tend to play well, in turn helping their team finish higher up the table, resulting in bigger prize money.

All of the above is either directly or indirectly making the club a lot of money because of the players. If Rooney is possibly helping United make £20m a year, why should he accept earning £20k a year? You might not like it, but that's how it is. If you or I were helping our company make tens of millions, I'm sure we would be paid accordingly. You might not like it, but that's business.

so ireland and given are good players? if they are so damn good why don't they play? if bent is that good howcome he got played out the team by a 21 year old kid (when he signed he was 21) from the belgian league who earns 20K/week?

Because it can be subjective. Lambert didn't sign any of those players, but a contract is a contract. I wonder why it's generally footballers/sportsmen that get the wrath of the "earn too much" argument.

Unfortunately a large percentage of this thread could have been avoided if people would stop letting the media wind them up.

If there's no quotes, then it's all made up or at the very best they have no evidence.

CB dropped a massive clanger. But I haven't seen one quote from him since. I hate the transfer request but the rest is pure speculation.

• Like 2

Let's just flog him and have done.  He's very unlikely to repeat last season's exploits at Spurs, and if he does, he won't be there any longer than he's been at Villa.  We've still got two very good forwards in Gabby and Weimann, so balls to him.

It is hard to say but he was apparently responsible for 40% of the goals so it's understandable where the claim that he kept Villa cmae from. Of course he can't do it by himself so I suppose the stat is somewhat flawed. He was an extremely valuable player last year. He could end up staying at Villa if Villa stands firm on its price and he'd be forced to play because of the upcoming World Cup. It's what I'd like to see happen as tempting as a move to Spurs would be for me as purely a Belgian national team supporter (he'd get to work with Vertonghen and Dembele, possibly Chadli).

I think Villa needs to make a stand otherwise what type of precident does it set for any future talents. Sure Villa would run the risk of other players not wanting to sign becuase they couldn't leave of their free will, but at some point a contract needs to mean something, because had he been miserable last year he would have gotten the same amount of money and Villa would still have to pay him.

hey  ben je vlaming of waal? 

hey vous êtes flamand ou Waal?

hey are you flemish or waal?

"if u put a 30m£ pricetag on his head at least pay him a wage thats fit his pricetag" thats what my father said to me when i asked his opinion about it.

He has been offered a much bigger contract already but refused to sign. 

u mean the 40K/week?

Waal Bruxelles (Etterbeek) Je parle seulement le francais.

Well James Nursey broke the story about Bentakey handing in a transfer request so there is every chance that the club use him to get news out. Imo Bentakey will strike to get his way but I doubt he will have as much success as he did with Genk and he probably realises this so is hoping it all gets done asap. Will be interesting to see what happens either way

It is hard to say but he was apparently responsible for 40% of the goals so it's understandable where the claim that he kept Villa cmae from. Of course he can't do it by himself so I suppose the stat is somewhat flawed. He was an extremely valuable player last year. He could end up staying at Villa if Villa stands firm on its price and he'd be forced to play because of the upcoming World Cup. It's what I'd like to see happen as tempting as a move to Spurs would be for me as purely a Belgian national team supporter (he'd get to work with Vertonghen and Dembele, possibly Chadli).

I think Villa needs to make a stand otherwise what type of precident does it set for any future talents. Sure Villa would run the risk of other players not wanting to sign becuase they couldn't leave of their free will, but at some point a contract needs to mean something, because had he been miserable last year he would have gotten the same amount of money and Villa would still have to pay him.

hey  ben je vlaming of waal? 

hey vous êtes flamand ou Waal?

hey are you flemish or waal?

"if u put a 30m£ pricetag on his head at least pay him a wage thats fit his pricetag" thats what my father said to me when i asked his opinion about it.

He has been offered a much bigger contract already but refused to sign. 

u mean the 40K/week?

Waal Bruxelles (Etterbeek) Je parle seulement le francais.

ah j'habite en Flandre à partir de Limbourg.Combien de temps avez-vous été sur ce forum?

et Que pensez-vous de la situation dans son ensemble autour de Benteke?

Edited by Belgian guy

Im pissed so I watching the Sopranos forthe whole day tomorrow...Spurs fans are problaby all idiots and we got all the cards...can see two signings and Benteke leave and we are a better team.

• Like 1

Â