Christian Benteke

Kwan

off topic: Adnan Januzaj is starting 11 in the game thailand vs man united :o adnan januzaj is belgian :D

No offense mate, but I doubt anybody gives a turd.

i do, its still new for us belgians that so much belgians play in the best league in the world.

You go ahead & enjoy it Belgian Guy i don't blame you one bit B)

• Like 1

Why are transfer figures always nice round numbers ? We should only accept bids of £26,967,547.

Not a penny more or a penny less.

And it should be paid in 50p pieces.

We will see who the serious bidders are then .

• Like 1

off topic: Adnan Januzaj is starting 11 in the game thailand vs man united :o adnan januzaj is belgian :D

i do, its still new for us belgians that so much belgians play in the best league in the world.

You go ahead & enjoy it Belgian Guy i don't blame you one bit B)

i was more than a little pissed at the lions do last summer and was drunkenly trying to big up the belgium team to the belgian villans, they all seemed surprisingly grounded on their golden generation, and that was before id come across benteke!

Just as a certain Mr Rooney used this 'put in a transfer request' a couple of years ago when he felt he was worth more than he was being paid, Benteke has PERHAPS been advised by his money grabbing agent that he should try it on also. Him doing the same would achieve one of two things :-

1. He gets a move to a CL club this transfer window and his present club gets a decent amount of compensation ( £30 mill + ) so everyone is happy ( relatively)

2. Villa are forced to offer him a lot more the the reported extra £20k a week that WE value him at, given the success he has enjoyed playing for us last season. 

If we were honest and looked around our dressing room through his eyes, looking at Given, Bent Ireland etc. all on 50k plus a week, how would we feel if we were being offered less considering the contribution to the season he has just had ? Knowing full well what the wages are being paid at so called bigger clubs.

I was really disappointed to hear that he had put in a transfer request, the same as everyone else on here but looking at things now, even if Spurs came in with £30 million (which I don't think they will) we could still offer a higher wage deal than we have and hold him to his contract for the three remaining years. 

We aint going to lose him without a fight Lambert and everyone else behind the scenes are fully aware of how to play this and Benteke himself has not actually been reported to have said much about where or where not he actually wants to go too has he ?

How about a performance related bonus e.g. £10k for every assist he gives us and £25k for each goal he scores us ? 

Just asking like .........?

He looks like a real talent, watching him right now

He looks like a real talent, watching him right now

hes nr 44 :P

20 mill + Sigurdssen and i'd deal

and me, he played a surprising number of games last season though (not sure how many as sub) and im not convinced he'd come, but out of everyone they could realistically offer he's the one i think would have the biggest impact on us

"Villa are forced to offer him a lot more the the reported extra £20k a week that WE value him at, given the success he has enjoyed playing for us last season". I would guess we have already offered him an increase of 100 - 200% on his current £20k a week hanxamillion but he knows a signing fee (to compensate for what he might lose by asking for a transfer) and much higher wages are his to be had somewhere else as long as the price is right for the buying club.

Would no-one consider Naughton?

I've only seen him a few times but he looks good & plays in a style that is compatible to our way of playing.

I'm still hoping a top 4 side will come in for him & we don't help a Spurs side improve as they will be "catchable " once Bale goes.

"Villa are forced to offer him a lot more the the reported extra £20k a week that WE value him at, given the success he has enjoyed playing for us last season". I would guess we have already offered him an increase of 100 - 200% on his current £20k a week hanxamillion but he knows a signing fee (to compensate for what he might lose by asking for a transfer) and much higher wages are his to be had somewhere else as long as the price is right for the buying club.

I still think he is testing both how much we will increase his wages by and also who - if anyone comes in for him. I would guess that we have not offered him any more than the reported 20k a week more for good reason - that we need to off load some of the high earners that Lambert feels are of no use to the new evolving team before committing to more than we could get away with.

Given also that we have just signed 6 new players, those fee's and the future wages for them probably account for £20 mill over the next few years.

As he has three years still to go on his contract his value to us on the back of 23 goals last year is understandably high -  we will be severely tested on how much this is IF and WHEN any actual bids come in, and still choose whether to cash in now or pay him what he is currently worth. the performance related pay would be the best way for us .

If we keep him, he value would obviously increase over the next year if maintains or improves on last year and obviously go down if he fails to continue in the form he has achieved. Good reason for the 4 year contracts we seem to offer most up and coming players.

Naughton isn't more than a £5-6m player so £25m + Naughton at the least.

20 mill + Sigurdssen and i'd deal

and me, he played a surprising number of games last season though (not sure how many as sub) and im not convinced he'd come, but out of everyone they could realistically offer he's the one i think would have the biggest impact on us

No chance he'd come here.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I've only seen him a few times but he looks good & plays in a style that is compatible to our way of playing.

I'm still hoping a top 4 side will come in for him & we don't help a Spurs side improve as they will be "catchable " once Bale goes.

Is Naughton a RB

I'd take him if he was

Â