Christian Benteke

Kwan

Joey, you are correct, there will be a compromise: Villa will sell and the buying club will meet Villa's price.  That's the compromise.

Villa don't need to sell but they will compromise and sell if a buying club pays the asking price.  

• Like 2

The senile old git that is Doug Ellis has just been on the news and mentioned £25m as a good figure for Benteke!

We are screwed if he has anything to do with it.

Someone change his nappy and put him to bed, we don't want a running commentary from him.

Sorry, forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well. A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.
It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode.
The patronising is probably unintentional. We're being talked down to because Spurs happen to be in a better position at the moment. There seems to be an attitude that we won't get what we want for our player - hence this compromise - when in reality we hold all the cards. There is no reason for us to compromise, in the same way there is no way you will compromise with Real.
But you aren't being patronized or talked down to by me though. I'm not brokering a deal here or trying to get you too do what I want. I'd rather we focused on other options. I think Benteke is a good player, but not a priority for me. We have compromised with Real. We did so with Modric. Most transfers are essentially compromises.
That you are unaware you are doing it doesn't make it less true.

If you find the site so frustrating you are free to post on a Spurs one.

Point out the patronizing parts Trent.

Click on your username, then the button that says fin content and select posts. That should about cover it.

As I said, plenty of Spurs sites out there you choose to come here we didn't ask you. So don't come on here moaning about the site. If you don't like the site or find it frustrating because people won't agree with go elsewhere.

• Like 3

As I mentioned last night, having gone on a scouting mission arround most of the forums mentioned in Bentekes name, a lot of the fans have empathy with us, which I have to say realy surprised me, the trend was "its **** what he has done wanting leave after 9 months and he is very likely to do it to us"  - The other trend was that the maximum price because of this been put on his head was £15 Million aprox. Which although we think is way below his value, I think that the figure is based on the afore mentioned disloyalty and then the fact he could be a 1 season wonder. There was also a groundswell that we should make a stand (and that there own clubs should not get involved) 

Benteke is a very valuable player to us, and our valuation reflects not only what we want, but that importance, he doesn't mean anything to the other clubs, and there analysis is probebly reflective of that. 

I regard his transfer request as a from of Blackmail, and we all know what happens if you give in to them, so I would like to think we are going to stand our ground, as many have pointed out history shows we do, compromise ......... with a blackmailer - no chance, 

I don't think Spurs will pay £25m, and i would not want Villa to pay it either, if the roles were reversed. He wants about £80k a week, we want £25m, that's one hell of a package, hes not worth it to Spurs, hes not that good.

Benteke is  young and has only one season under his belt, his judgement is not good, as proven by this request to leave. The fact he appears to be trying to pick which team he goes to and at what price is further indications of the lads mental capacity.

No Premier League team should be bullied by any of their players like he is trying, hes a disgrace. Benteke is playing Russian Roulette with his career.

He should stay another year and keep his head down and mouth shut, after the world cup he can go. 

• Like 3

It makes no sense for Villa to compromise with Spurs over Benteke. Have the Spurs fans even read our club statement? We've outlined in as plain terms as possible; pay how much we value him, and by a certain time and you can have him. There are no other circumstances in which Benteke can be purchased. So how does one get the impression that Villa give a giant wildebeest's ass about Spurs' best interests and that we'll compromise so that they meet them? If you think he might be a flop next year, that's your problem and a gamble you have to make. That's like me going to a store to buy a top of the line laptop or something where they explicitly state ALL PRICES FIXED ABSOLUTELY, NO WARRANTEE, OFFER LASTS 1 WEEK, and then me going there 2 weeks later asking them lower the price for me because I have a feeling the computer might break within a week. I'd probably get kicked out of the store.

• Like 1

I just don't buy this idea that Benteke submitting a tranfer request has weakened our hand. If it's the result of being tapped up which looks likely then it's actually more likely to strengthen our resolve not least to avoid setting a precedent that we can be pushed around. 

He was always for sale at the right price anyway. That statement shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone. 

• Like 1

I don't think Spurs will pay £25m, and i would not want Villa to pay it either, if the roles were reversed. He wants about £80k a week, we want £25m, that's one hell of a package, hes not worth it to Spurs, hes not that good.

Benteke is  young and has only one season under his belt, his judgement is not good, as proven by this request to leave. The fact he appears to be trying to pick which team he goes to and at what price is further indications of the lads mental capacity.

No Premier League team should be bullied by any of their players like he is trying, hes a disgrace. Benteke is playing Russian Roulette with his career.

He should stay another year and keep his head down and mouth shut, after the world cup he can go. 

I think this is why Kismet is acting like a dickhead. He's clearly operating under instructions to try and devalue Benteke's value in the transfer market. I think that Villa will play hardball even more now.

• Like 1

We have absolutely no reason or desire to compromise on our valuation whatsoever, we want to keep him. There will be no negotiation.

Look at the situation logically, we hold all the aces.

He's on a three year deal, on minimal wages, and it's a world cup year and he wants to play in it. To do so he'll need to be playing regular football. If we keep him and he causes us problems, he won't play, and he won't get in the world cup squad. If he plays but half heartedly, he'll chance lose his place in a competitive Belgium team, and the chances of his 'dream move' will fade also.

This isn't brinkmanship from Villa, we've no need to negotiate. You want him, you pay our price. 

• Like 1

Sorry, forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well. A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.
It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode.
The patronising is probably unintentional. We're being talked down to because Spurs happen to be in a better position at the moment. There seems to be an attitude that we won't get what we want for our player - hence this compromise - when in reality we hold all the cards. There is no reason for us to compromise, in the same way there is no way you will compromise with Real.
But you aren't being patronized or talked down to by me though. I'm not brokering a deal here or trying to get you too do what I want. I'd rather we focused on other options. I think Benteke is a good player, but not a priority for me. We have compromised with Real. We did so with Modric. Most transfers are essentially compromises.

That you are unaware you are doing it doesn't make it less true.

If you find the site so frustrating you are free to post on a Spurs one.

Point out the patronizing parts Trent. 

No manners.

I don't have much faith in Lerner. But I've got no doubt we'll get the right price for Benteke. Surely the year tv money shoots up is not the year we accept a low bid for one of the hottest prospects in Europe.

The more I think about it the more I can see him here for another year now. I think we'll stay strong and I think spurs won't pay what we want. I think he'll have a decent season, a decent World Cup and go for more money to a better team the following summer. Leaving spurs thinking shit we should of paid it.

• Like 2

joey 55? So obvious you are on the wind up. Reading your posts tells me you are a troll. I would suggest you post on Spuds forums but I bet you've been banned on them all for trolling.

Might be a good idea if you go back to those Spurts sites & try & reach a compromise deal with the Moderators.

ps - If Levy turns out to be one of the Mods you're **** :P;)

There's not much for us to lose here - if he doesn't play at all next season we could still get £15m for him in a years time - if we keep him, it'll cost us £1m for a year - it's the cheapness of his wage that got us here, but it's also the strongest bargaining tool we've got. We aren't rich by any means, but the gun that Benteke and his agent have to our head fires nothing stronger than rolled up bits of paper and we know it.

• Like 2

For those using the world cup as a reason why Benteke would give 100% - that was the same reason people used for him wanting to stay at Villa. Im really not that convinced that Benteke's place would be under any sort of threat and actually I think like most players (or at least the impression I get from most players), he probably does not give too much of shit. Especially whne he's got thousands in his sky rocket. 

We do not need/want a pissed off/half arsed Christian Benteke. Our position in this league is still touch and go imo. 

Â