Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think people are forgetting if he wasnt for him we would be a Championship club now. He does not owe us anything and had we not signed him Fulham would have. No player wants to play in a relegation battle amd unless we reinvest the whole amount we get for him that is what we will be doing. He can go on and be a world great so would be mad to stay and lose everything week.

Thank you Bentake and good luck.

I dont mind if he goes Chelsea or Arsenal even Spurs. BUT if he goes to Liverpool he is lacking serious ambition in his career and fact Liverpool have made about 3 good signings since Bentitez left wouldnt look good for his prospects

If we get more than 25m and he doesn't go to Tottenham or Liverpool then I can accept it, If he goes to either of the aforementioned team then I will become a premier league ref and and stab him in the chest (hoping to not get beheaded for my troubles)!

• Like 1

This chelsea website

Benteke a blue...

"Benteke, 22, would cost in the region of £15m but would fit the Chelsea profile of signing good quality younger players"

Dream on mate

I think the feeling I am getting from this shows my complete faith in Lambert and his transfer dealings. Being honest I am quite excited to see what Lambert can do with the money.

He is gone now despite what the club say he will already have something lined up.

Up the Villa

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Unlike the inconsiderate Belgian, some of us have got to go on pre-season tour to Germany in the morning! Night all

Love Kendrick sometimes.

And I agree with OBE; it's gonna be Chelsea. Benteke just screams of a Mourinho signing.

Glad to see we've got the support of the BBC comments. Also, if he goes to Chelsea we'll have the support of the whole damn country bar that s***ty bit of Fulham where Chelsea have a 'stadium'

Edited by Spoony

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

We have to be careful how we look at all of the money.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

Why would the money we get for Benteke have to go on paying the entire wages of a replacement?

The money should be made available to sign a player and his wages should be covered by the amount the club make each year from television.

I don't get this thinking at all.

We'd be adding £2.5m a year to the wage bill by bringing in any of the established strikers that have been mentioned as swaps - there aren't two pots of money - there's just the club.

I think we are in a really strong position here.

He has 3 years on his contract at 20k per week. We paid that to Ireland last year! PL is a tough cookie and I think Lerner and Faulkner will back him to the hilt (as they will be scared of him leaving). £20m sounds very low to me, although I am only guessing. I don't know what players who leave without a transfer request get, maybe 10% or 15%, but that is 2m or 3m on 20m, so quite a chunk.

The only downside of playing hardball is not getting the replacement in. Of course, if we get a replacement in early, that might weaken our position, but for £1m a year in wages, **** him!

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

Why would the money we get for Benteke have to go on paying the entire wages of a replacement?

The money should be made available to sign a player and his wages should be covered by the amount the club make each year from television.

We'd be adding £2.5m a year to the wage bill by bringing in any of the established strikers that have been mentioned as swaps - there aren't two pots of money - there's just the club.

And the club get a large amount of money each year.

The money we get for Benteke should not have to pay the transfer fee and wages for 3/4 years.

• Like 1

Arsenal had a bid rejected for Suarez. Hmmmmm. Wenger had been aware of him at Genk. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 

Well Arsenal reportedly offered 30 mill if they throw that kind of money around they can have him

Edited by AshVilla

Well well well.

Not going to lie, I'm massively disappointed but as long as Lambert is given the majority of the hefty transfer fee then I think we'll be fine. Can't see us buckling over the price, we've been here before and learned the hard way, we're not gonna go down the Milner route again. Full faith that we can move on from this and be better than last season. 

Not that suprised he is off but suprised about the timing. I thought this would last til 31/08/13. It was fairly obvious he saw Villa as a quick stop to the big bucks and he had a cracking season for us last year.  He has form in Belgium was well in fairness as he forced Genk to sell him. But having heard he thought Villa was in London before he moved should have highlighted what was going to happen. The transfer request has point us  in a defensive postion and will lower the valuation. We will do well to get 20 mil now.  All in all, its modern football, and its all about the money. Villa have made the policy not to be big wage spenders now so any top  player will leave us.Either you accept that or just give up and do something else in your spare time.

And the club get a large amount of money each year.

The money we get for Benteke should not have to pay the transfer fee and wages for 3/4 years.

This man still doesn't get how accounts work. You are clearly not self employed or an accountant.

Â