Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm all for supporting the club if they let him rot in the reserves and ruin his WC chances if no-one bids £25m or over

Has a single club ever actually let a star player "rot in the reserves"?

We sell for 25m for whatever and get him out asap. We dont want a sage to taint what has otherwise been a great summer so far.

He's clearly been tapped up but so what? Some club will give him 100k more that he's on now. No-brainer.

He's on £20k a week, it's not like we're wasting all our money away keeping him in there.

If we don't get £25m then we should keep him

Yes place him in the reserves

His disloyalty will cost him his WC spot

I'd rather him be playing alongside Bannan than in Liverpool's starting eleven

Unless they offer 30 mill of course

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

We have to be careful how we look at all of the money.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

• Like 2

Here's the problem though say we sell Benteke for £25mil you think the club we go to for a replacement is going to massively up the price !!

This is a real shitter make no doubt about that 

Unless we buy before we sell Tekkers.

That's just it, we all knew he was going to go. But for him to go this year is just not right. I did genuinely think he was going to stay, out of some form of loyalty which just doesn't exist in football. 

Its important to understand how big a part Paul Lambert had in Benteke having such a great season. He wouldnt of had so much faith put in him at a top 5 club and it could of been a completly different season for him and it could well be the case that at a club like Chelsea he wont have such an easy ride.

Im personally pissed off but in the same sense am not too worried about the future as I can see how Lambert got players like delph and gabby hitting top form and have no doubt that he will keep us progressing up the league and improving all around the club.

Would be quite sickened if Benteke ended up at spuds but this transfer request has come only a few days after Chelsea are being reported to be preparing a bid and them losing out on Cavani would strengthen that point so hopefully Benteke goes to chelsea for 20m + lukaku and lukaku has a stormer for us and takes the number 1 striker position for Belgium in the world cup and Benteke gets a bit of karma and thought a lesson in the process but doubtful we have a chance of getting Lukaku but thats my little dream that Im clinging to.

Benteke could play 0 minutes next season and still make the Belgian WC team. The only way he's missing it is through injury. Get that pipe dream out of your heads.

Really?

I very much doubt a player with zero match practice would be able to play international football

Been hearing rumblings all week of #cfc offering 20m plus Ba for CB. #avfc

THIS MAN IS A LIAR. HE ALSO SAID ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES AGO BENTEKE WAS STAYING. 

ALSO, IF HE HAS BEEN HEARING RUMBLINGS THEN---CONSIDERING HE IS SUPPOSEDLY ITK---WHY DIDN'T HE SAY ANYTHING UNTIL NOW????????

Sorry I had to shout that but these Twitter people can **** off. 

Repeated, for emphasis. This man should NEVER be give the light of day on this forum.

Anyone remember the quotes from Benteke at the start of the summer about not forcing a move? Glad that lasted then...

He hasn't forced a move at all yet, he's just handed in a transfer request

Ok I am not ITK however what I do know is that Benteke is happy at Villa but is just seeing what happens this summer.

This is second hand knowledge from someone who sees him for 10 minutes a couple of times a week but I do know it is true.

On a side note my own thoughts...... why sign a deal for 40 or 60k a week early and weaken your bargaining point if a big transfer is possible? 15 weeks at 20k rise 300 or at 40 rise 600k that's peanuts to what the lad will earn in his career.

I posted that this morning nothing has changed with the exception of now something has obviously happened i.e. a club has contacted his agent that is very serious that is on his list of who he is interested in moving to.

On a side note my own thoughts...... I know Chelsea rumours will be strong, spurs too but I have a sneaky feeling it is Arsenal, bid turned down today maybe not willing to go higher and know we will accept that kind of money for Benteke? 2+2 = 5 probably.

Â