Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Thanks for the Gif. I had forgot how shit Tim Howard was. Vintage falling back from him, his signature.

He wasn't that bad yesterday Bacuna, if you can just tell him to stay wide, don't play any shit infield passes and cross the ball then he can be an asset. Until we ship him out at least next summer.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

8pints, that's an excellent description of him. I don't know what it is, but's excellent. And I love pictures instead of text :)

He's shite. Even when having an apparently 'good' performance yesterday he delivered zero quality into the box.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's shite. Even when having an apparently 'good' performance yesterday he delivered zero quality into the box.

Didn't he put in a decent cross that resulted in a shot at goal? 

I thought he was OK yesterday, for the level we are at. Worked hard enough and caused them problems with his directness in the second half. 

I'm one of those rare fans that doesn't doubt that he has some ability. The kind of unreliable ability highlighted by 8pints above. The reason I dislike him is down to his application on the pitch last season. He just didn't give a **** and when combined (important) with his off the field antics turned him into a focal point for my own ire. 

Life moves on however. New season, new manager, fresh start for all. On ability I'd prefer to replace him in the first XI, as a squad player he has his uses but I wouldn't miss him if he were to fulfill his dream of a move to a CL club.

Either way I'll certainly not be booing him in 16/17. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

IIRC, didn't he put that cross in which McCormack nearly tapped in, only to be intercepted in the last second? 

• Like 1

Just now, Jay.P.A said:

IIRC, didn't he put that cross in which McCormack nearly tapped in, only to be intercepted in the last second? 

It was a cross cut out by the first man, wasn't terrible, but hardly quality, remind me of the other 'quality' balls he put in? None is the answer. He's not good enough.

If he plays well and contributes as the games go on then he will be less of a target for the fans who are struggling to forgive him. He needs to win us over. It's that simple. He shouldn't be automatically absolved and now automatically and blindly cheered. Lambasting the fans because they are upset over his part in RELEGATING us is outright fan snobbery. Like I said, if he plays well then the fans will forgive I'm sure. 

Also, he isn't the only one being targeted, it may seem like that because he is the only one being picked out of the negative bunch but you reap what you sow and I'm sure his mansion, sports cars and money help soften the blow. I'm sure if ever Richards comes on he will get a few jibes, it's to be expected. Gabby & Lescott are lucky they aren't in the current managers plans. Guzan has left so it's kind of difficult for him to receive any jeers. 

I wouldn't boo him but I'm certainly not going to have a pop at someone who does as he bloody deserves it in some respects. As do others. People (fans) are all different. Doing something some of you white knights experts don't do doesn't make them worse fans, it doesn't make you better or more intelligent fans either. Just let people react to the bad apples how they choose and in time, provided the effort and commitment is there, he will win them over but an average kinda ok performance in one game after an infuriating last season isn't enough for some people to change their mind on him I'm afraid.

Edited by Ingram85

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If he plays well and contributes as the games go on then he will be less of a target for the fans who are struggling to forgive him. He needs to win us over. It's that simple. He shouldn't be automatically absolved and now automatically and blindly cheered. Lambasting the fans because they are upset over his part in RELEGATING us is outright fan snobbery. Like I said, if he plays well then the fans will forgive I'm sure. 

Also, he isn't the only one being targeted, it may seem like that because he is the only one being picked out of the negative bunch but you reap what you sow and I'm sure his mansion, sports cars and money help soften the blow. I'm sure if ever Richards comes on he will get a few jibes, it's to be expected. Gabby & Lescott are lucky they aren't in the current managers plans. Guzan has left so it's kind of difficult for him to receive any jeers. 

I wouldn't boo him but I'm certainly not going to have a pop at someone who does as he bloody deserves it in some respects. As do others. People (fans) are all different. Doing something some of you white knights experts don't do doesn't make them worse fans, it doesn't make you better or more intelligent fans either. Just let people react to the bad apples how they choose and in time, provided the effort and commitment is there, he will win them over but an average kinda ok performance in one game after an infuriating last season isn't enough for some people to change their mind on him I'm afraid.

What does that achieve though getting on players backs? They know we are angry and it is up to them to turn it around but I just find it ridiculous booing any villa player at such a early stage whether its lescott, gabby bacuna the tea lady whoever. It just makes our players nervous and we dont need that.

Its a new era at villa park, the past is the past :thumb:

Just now, Demitri_C said:

What does that achieve though getting on players backs? They know we are angry and it is up to them to turn it around but I just find it ridiculous booing any villa player at such a early stage whether its lescott, gabby bacuna the tea lady whoever. It just makes our players nervous and we dont need that.

Its a new era at villa park, the past is the past :thumb:

What I'm saying is that some fans will struggle more to forget than others. Having a go at them  for being different to the hive is wrong. I'm not going to have a go at someone who is unhappy at someone who played a large part in relegating us. I'd say that's a normal and rational reaction personally. I understand it would be better to be 100% behind the team, I agree, but it's not the case. Give it time and it may be fine.

He is a damn sight better than Westwood and Gardner, although still not good enough. Our midfield was the biggest problem yesterday. You could see the difference ecen when Tsibola came on. Need players into that midfield, and I am sure we will get them.

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Forget about that rumour. 

He was awful last season and his attitude when we lost to liverpool was shocking. 

Our whole team was awful last season and Bacuna wasn't the worst of them.

You won't be convincing me Bacuna has an attitude problem from posting a pic sunbathing on instagram, riding a hoverboard at the airport after a loss or from a performance we capitulated in as a whole at the climax of a disastrous season. 

I see him as a player whose attitude is a strong point and so far this season he has shown exactly that.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

What I'm saying is that some fans will struggle more to forget than others. Having a go at them  for being different to the hive is wrong. I'm not going to have a go at someone who is unhappy at someone who played a large part in relegating us. I'd say that's a normal and rational reaction personally. I understand it would be better to be 100% behind the team, I agree, but it's not the case. Give it time and it may be fine.

Some fans struggle to forget more than others?  That's not what this is about - none of us forget, certainly not me or plenty I know, but booing and abusing players hurts the team and the campaign - and that is "far" more important.  Just think about the impression it gives to our new players, and to the team generally.  We are asking them, and despertately need them, to fight and be a team and here we are - the so-called fans - giving players dogs of abuse.  I am still not sure if the initial reports are true anyway - some seem to be saying no one was abusing anyone - I hope that is the case and we can all get behind the team.  They need us.  We need to cut the negativity and carping and just support loadly and with conviction.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Booing an individual is still going to have a negative impact on the team. Maybe not as much impact as someone playing poorly, but still a negative impact. So they're ultimately adding to the very thing they're booing IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It was. I'd say Gestede even getting to that was more to do with him than the quality of the cross. 

I feel like that argument is a bit straw man. Bacuna put a cross into the space where Gestede's head was. It was a good bit of anticipation from Gestede, they both their job well in that moment. The cross lacked a bit of pace, but it created a decent opportunity. 

I'm not a big fan of Bacuna's by any stretch, but by the same token I can't abide taking the good things he does away from him. It's unnecessary. 

We played well in the second half. He played his part in that. I'd probably let him retain his place. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I feel like that argument is a bit straw man. Bacuna put a cross into the space where Gestede's head was. It was a good bit of anticipation from Gestede, they both their job well in that moment. The cross lacked a bit of pace, but it created a decent opportunity. 

I'm not a big fan of Bacuna's by any stretch, but by the same token I can't abide taking the good things he does away from him. It's unnecessary. 

We played well in the second half. He played his part in that. I'd probably let him retain his place. 

Agree with this. I thought Bacuna had a pretty solid game yesterday and was also one of our better players against Boro. I think his work rate has been noticeably high over those two games - he tracks back very well and also tends to be involved in a lot of our attacking play. He's not brilliant, but nobody is in our team and he wouldn't be one of the first I'd look to replace.

If we do sign another attacking midfield option such as Morrison I wouldn't be against putting Bacuna back into right back. He did alright there before and if we're looking to get the full backs as high up the pitch as possible as we have been doing, then he's much more capable of a decent ball into the box than Hutton. The number of times Hutton got into good space going forward but failed with the pull back/cross was frustrating and I feel we'd create more opportunities if it was a more attack minded full back supplying the crosses if that's the way we want to set up this season.