Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I dont think one good performance in a cup game warrants a starting job the rest of the way. Start him in the next cup match and take it from there. I like Bacuna and hope to see more of him, just not during this run up. Too inconsistent.

why not? He done more in last 2 cup games than Delph, Cleverley or Westwood all season

This is basically how I see it. Even though Bacuna is very inconsistent, he's still done way more than any of the above this season.

He needs to played in an attacking position because he's a liability when it comes to defending.  I think he has the attention span of a Jack Russell.  Just give him the ball, he'll rush around pushing it with his nose, let him express himself but don't rely on him when it's backs to the wall and we need to concentrate for a long period of time.

• Like 1

Hopefully though with a bit of thrust and forward momentum we won't need to have our backs to the wall the whole time thats half the problem IMO. Its great knocking it about keeping the ball but if its not positive it invites pressure.

The second half yesterday showed runners going forward, pushing Leicester back and creating space. Bacuna's goal being an excellent example. Plenty of options, plenty of bodies forward giving the defenders choices and our players space.

We need goals

He scores them even from RB

He has a good delivery and is dangerous from free kicks

He does misplace the occasional pass and get caught out of position but the pro's outweigh the con's imo

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

He got 5 last season mainly from right back and yet was rarely used this season in a team that couldnt score

not saying it to bad mouth Lambert but he made some strange decisions

Thing is, he wasn't even given a chance to express himself this season under Lambert. Only 2 starts, one of them in the cup, the other due to half of our midfield being injured.

Some things I will never understand.

Bacuna misplaces a pass, he's crap, Delph or any of the other midfielder misplace it, unlucky guy. Bacuna never stops running for the side, people say he can't cross, though he put in the best cross. What makes me laugh, is when people say give Grealish a run, he needs 5 to 6 games, I doubt Bacuna has played more than that in a row. Think he needs to play as one of the 3 in CM, as he drives at the defence and tries to shoot.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

Bacuna misplaces a pass, he's crap, Delph or any of the other midfielder misplace it, unlucky guy. Bacuna never stops running for the side, people say he can't cross, though he put in the best cross. What makes me laugh, is when people say give Grealish a run, he needs 5 to 6 games, I doubt Bacuna has played more than that in a row. Think he needs to play as one of the 3 in CM, as he drives at the defence and tries to shoot.

The fact Bacuna can't control the ball means I'm not rushing to give him more starts. He was one of, if not our worst player on Saturday.

I dont think one good performance in a cup game warrants a starting job the rest of the way. Start him in the next cup match and take it from there. I like Bacuna and hope to see more of him, just not during this run up. Too inconsistent.

why not? He done more in last 2 cup games than Delph, Cleverley or Westwood all season

This is basically how I see it. Even though Bacuna is very inconsistent, he's still done way more than any of the above this season.

Not sure how Bacuna has done more than Delph or Westwood this season...for me, the question is who does he replace in midfield if people want him to start.

The fact Bacuna can't control the ball means I'm not rushing to give him more starts. He was one of, if not our worst player on Saturday.

Controlled it well enough for the goal, so it can't be a fact can it.

he really wasn't, not even close

• Like 3