Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I thought his previous team thought he was crap and we were idiots for buying him?

Maybe they sold him so they could spend the money on an ACM?

He came through the academy and never settled in a position. Their fans seemed to take ther frustrations out on him. Writing him off before he really had a chance. I think he broke into their fire team do young that people forgot how young he was and expected huge things from him.

And here i was told writing players off was a unique typical VT thing, you know, because we're fickle and so on...

• Like 1

I thought his previous team thought he was crap and we were idiots for buying him?

He came through the academy and never settled in a position. Their fans seemed to take ther frustrations out on him. Writing him off before he really had a chance. I think he broke into their fire team do young that people forgot how young he was and expected huge things from him.

How do you know this Stefan?

This is what I believed from various rumours, but it seems totally at odds with the artical above.

Incidentally, at what point does a player stop being a "prospect"? The article and manager describes Bacuna as a prospect despite being 22. I'd say he's very much at the upper bounds of being a prospect by then unless he's been showing remarkable game-on-game improvement, no?

This is what I believed from various rumours, but it seems totally at odds with the artical above.

The bloke who came onto here when we were linked said so. Also I had a look at their forums and gauged the feelings towards him.

The bloke who came onto here when we were linked said so. Also I had a look at their forums and gauged the feelings towards him.

Incidentally, at what point does a player stop being a "prospect"? The article and manager describes Bacuna as a prospect despite being 22. I'd say he's very much at the upper bounds of being a prospect by then unless he's been showing remarkable game-on-game improvement, no?

23 is generally considered the limit of being considered a young player I believe.

i glad hes found himself settled finally into a position, be it RB, however id still much prefer to see lowton be the regular RB, but then again, it would be a waste to have bacuna as a back up RB

It's funny how, during the summer transfer window, this was the signing that I was the least excited about. It popped up pretty much out of the blue and didn't have quite as much hype surrounding it as the other deals. Now, Bacuna is probably one of the most exciting for me out of the new ones. What a difference some gametime makes!

It's funny how, during the summer transfer window, this was the signing that I was the least excited about. It popped up pretty much out of the blue and didn't have quite as much hype surrounding it as the other deals. Now, Bacuna is probably one of the most exciting for me out of the new ones. What a difference some gametime makes!

I'm exactly the same.

Reading comments from his former teams fans worried me.

I wasn't impressed v Liverpool but obviously 1st game etc taken into account.

Norwich onwards at Right back & he's gone from strength to strength. In that form, Lowton isn't going to get much of a look in.

Personally I think he's wasted as a RB , I'd like to see him higher up the pitch to be quite honest.

I disagree. I think even during pre-season he looked his best at RB and was pretty underwhelming when played elsewhere. If anything I think Lowton has the better footballing ability to play further forward.

Personally I think he's wasted as a RB , I'd like to see him higher up the pitch to be quite honest.

I disagree. I think even during pre-season he looked his best at RB and was pretty underwhelming when played elsewhere. If anything I think Lowton has the better footballing ability to play further forward.

Judging players during pre-season, my god.

Judging players during pre-season, my god.

Better than writing them off pre season tho, innit?  :D