Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Even if Ms did a full u-turn and removed the always on and DRM shit, i'd still buy a PS4. They would need to bring the cost down and or make a bundle without the Kinect that is the same or less than the PS4.

It would be a hell of a U turn if they decided not to bundle the Kinect.   Can't see them doing it.   This whole NSA PRISM scandal couldn't have came at a worse time for the Xbox division of Microsoft either, it has been pointed out many times online this week that Microsoft were the first major company to sign up for it, and within weeks of them buying Skype they had signed Skype up for it too.  

Do I really want a live camera and microphone that demands to always be online in my house from a company like that? 

Torn between the two now, I don't want to get the PS4 because all my friends play Xbox and there are more Xbox exclusive's that I'm interested in, but also the Xbox looks like it's gonna be a bit shit and it's more expensive. **** sake.

Torn between the two now, I don't want to get the PS4 because all my friends play Xbox and there are more Xbox exclusive's that I'm interested in, but also the Xbox looks like it's gonna be a bit shit and it's more expensive. **** sake.

I'd go with where your friends go to be honest. That's what made my mind up for me. 

I've just watched the Destiny gameplay... looks great fun for a group of people!

Edited by PieFacE

Just went over the Major Nelsons blog. The amount of Xbox Fan boys refusing to lay down, it's crazy. One of them just tried to tell me that Ms are giving codes to people in the Military without internet connections so they can play offline. It's actually pretty funny.

Congrats soldiers. Just the rest of us that are shit out of luck then, when the servers are inevitably overloaded for a few days after launch, and whenever they have problems in their data centre.

Edited by Davkaus

But just because your friends list at the moment is on Xbox 360 doesn't mean they will automatically buy the Xbox One though.  This is not the first generation change I have seen and as far as I can tell there is very little brand loyalty, yeah, people will defend the console they own to the hilt but they won't blindly buy the next machine just because they had the last one.  PS2 to PS3 is the biggest example of this, but look how badly Sega and Nintendo **** up with the Saturn and N64 when they were coming in from positions of strength against industry newcomers Sony. Look how Nintendo have failed to convert Wii owners into Wii U owners. There is a very good chance that a huge percentage of 360 players will jump ship to Playstation 4 this year. 

Exclusives might be a bigger problem for you, but nobody will care about launch window titles in a year and maybe Sony have something more interesting than just getting timed exclusives on Call of Duty map packs.  

Hehe, oh my. MS really haven't sold there message very well, have they? Currently 43 votes (mine included) against 0 for PS4. I own all three last gen consoles and the 360 was the one that gave me the most value for money and game time. The PS3 I got for the Uncharted games and Heavy Rain (and obviously The Last of Us) and it looks to get more playtime over the coming year than my 360. But I have to say that MS really have screwed the marketing pooch something fierce so far. I'm not getting any console day 1 this time round, I will enjoy the twilight year of the PS3 and 360 before jumping in, and by that time things might have changed and the XboxOne might be considered a resounding success, even though that seems very unlikely at the moment. In fact, it is so unlikely that I'm actually thinking if the XboxOne is the Dreamcast Mk II? :D

In fact, it is so unlikely that I'm actually thinking if the XboxOne is the Dreamcast Mk II? :D

Is it ****. The Dreamcast was a marvelous machine, just ahead of its time. Online gaming and web browing in Nineteen Ninety **** Nine. It was released too early, but it had so many features built in to it that we now take for granted. Nothing came close to it for years.

The Xbone is an overpriced turd. And not even a polished turd at that. It's the kind of crap you take after a night drinking Guiness on an empty stomach. With extra DRM.

Edited by Davkaus

In fact, it is so unlikely that I'm actually thinking if the XboxOne is the Dreamcast Mk II? :D

Is it ****. The Dreamcast was a marvelous machine, just ahead of its time. Online gaming and web browing in Nineteen Ninety **** Eight.

The Xbone is an overpriced turd. And not even a polished turd at that. It's the kind of crap you take after a night drinking Guiness on an empty stomach. With extra DRM.

You know that's entirely true. I meant as in DOA, not in terms of quality. Poor analogy really...

I may be too defensive. I loved my Dreamcast more than my family and consider it the greatest injustice the world has ever seen that it sold less well than the Xbox and Gamecube. :P

• Like 1

I can't remember the last time a games company f****d up something quite as spectacularly as MS have with the XboxOne. I, like many others, was on the fence about the whole thing, and was probably leaning towards the xbox as my current 360 has served me well, but Sony have just delivered one of the stiffest knock-out punches I've ever seen. Is there any point in MS releasing the XboxOne now? Will anyone buy it??

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft backpedal over the next couple of months.

They'll get some sales from die-hard Halo fans and people who just get the direct upgrade from the 360, but it's not enough to carry them. Some people may not pay attention to the E3 coverage, but the price discrepancy is enough to sway casual fans. I'm not sure if it'll involve DRM concessions or an early price reduction, but something has got to give.

Mind you, they released Windows 8 despite all of the negative publicity, so maybe it's just an inter-department bet to see who can piss more of their profits up the wall.

Â