Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

For £400 odd I think I'll rejoin the

1369325694779.jpg

I don't think I'll need to spend a lot as I'm more into indie games at the moment and if I do play multiplayer, it's usually counterstrike.

Just waiting for my tax rebate to come through the post...

Hearing rumours that PS4 will be £350 while xbox will be £425 ? Seems quite cheap considering they're going to be brand new. But still pisses me off that xbox always has to be the higher price.

Prices are confirmed, PS4 is £349 and the Xbox One is £429.   I'm not sure where your claim that the Xbox always had to be the higher price comes from though, the 360 was cheaper than the PS3. 

I got confused aha with the old prices... I hold my hand up on that one. My bad. Was near enough with the new consoles though :P

Those taking PS4 into consideration should note that you'll need PS Plus to play online.

Though, the value isn't that bad considering the free games PS Plus has this month is Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBP Karting

It`s almost a sure way that sony will push out higher quality games in the long run with the first party companies they have. If they gain more momentum then we might even get more. Xbox had some cool games for sure but drm is a sure way of not getting me on. Besides, bringing games to my friends house is no hassle now, as it should be. THat you have to log in to your profile and all that stuff for that is ridiculous. But I already decided on this a long time ago, ps3 was way more appealing for me then xbox 360, and it seems like that will get even stronger on this gen. Putting in a pre order by the end of the month.

Those taking PS4 into consideration should note that you'll need PS Plus to play online.

Though, the value isn't that bad considering the free games PS Plus has this month is Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBP Karting

Well yes, but its not like you gonna escape that on the xbox one.

• Like 1

No, but they will eventually push gaikai in 2014 which allows streaming of ps3 games. But no, the architecture is vastly different so none of the consoles have it.

Big deal for a lot of people but it would be a big hassle for them to integrate that.

Just went over the Major Nelsons blog. The amount of Xbox Fan boys refusing to lay down, it's crazy. One of them just tried to tell me that Ms are giving codes to people in the Military without internet connections so they can play offline. It's actually pretty funny.

No, but they will eventually push gaikai in 2014 which allows streaming of ps3 games. But no, the architecture is vastly different so none of the consoles have it.

Big deal for a lot of people but it would be a big hassle for them to integrate that.

Cheers. Not an issue for me, but was just wondering if Sony would try out do MS on that too.

Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars 2, the sequel to Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars has zero chance of coming out on XONE, given that Microsoft have dumped the Arcade and indie devs need a full license to publish their own games on it. Psyonix will not be able to do that, Sony have pushed support for indie devs already, so it would find a home there. Ergo, It's PS4 for me. Literally because of the prospect of a single unannounced game.

• Like 1

You don't have to pay for PS Plus per se.

But you won't be able to play multiplayer games without it.

Yeah which was what I meant. I'm not even sure i'd buy a ps4/xbox one if i couldn't go online so buying xbox live/ psnplus is an absolute must for me.

By the opinions of others I am swaying towards ps4...

Edited by kevangrealish

I thought the PS3 was shit, but I don't see how I can't get a PS4. Xbox really **** this up. Going to have to buy an Xbox style PS4 controller though!

I'm in the exact same boat. I just don't want to by an xbox out of principle. Plus, it seems the majority of people will be going PS4 so there will be more people online there. 

Â