Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

I will leave one caveat though. It might not be as bad as it seems once the thing is out and in the hands of reviewers and (at least some) consumers. It's just that MS are REALLY struggling right now. :D

Some PS4 publishers may still restrict online use on pre owned games

Sony have clarified the DRM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/412976/sony-clarifies-no-crackdown-on-disc-trading-but-online-drm-is-possible/

This situation is complex, but the outcome is thought to be:
  • Any PS4 game disc can be rented, resold, offered to friends (etc) with no checks or restrictions.
  • The online (multiplayer) component of third-party games could be restricted to second-users (with a paid online pass required to unlock).
  • However, the online component of third-party games may not be locked - the decision is down to the publisher.
  • When it comes to first-party games, there will be no online restrictions.
  • Traditional DRM policy (no lending) applies to digitally downloaded games, as usual.

So basically even though you are paying for online some publishers may ask you to pay gain to play there games online

Not at all, it'll be like with the online pass system they use now. If you want a second user to play online you'll have to purchase a pass.

Most likely but EA who are pals with Microsoft got rid of online passes or all future games last month and that was for a reason,  Still blows slightky as you are already paying to get online access

Just me getting an Xbox then...

Online will be shit so...

Only ever go online with a couple of mates, who are both getting XBoxes. I don't buy preowned and my console is always hooked up to the internet, plus my girlfriend likes the idea of having Kinect. I could still be swayed to PS4 I guess, will wait until nearer the time to choose. I doubt I will buy straight away in any case, will give the new machines a few months to bed in, and take advantage of a desperate price drop by Microsoft in a bid to induce sales, if this thread is anything to go by.

Where's the option for both?

F1d7F5L.gif

Seriously though, I'll just continue with PS4. Had the PS, PS2, PS3 and been a happy chappy. I'll continue on that path. 

I don't have a problem with the PS controller either. But then again, I've probably only played an Xbox about 2 times.

I use my XBox for Netflix more than anything.

If you'd bought a PS3 you wouldn't have had to pay the XBox Live subscription fee to watch Netflix...

I have one of those too. Still in its box at the back of my cupboard . I am not a big gamer and only got xbox live to play COD online with my pals . I really should cancel the monthly direct debit for LIVE to be honest but that would mean faffing about with my telly etc.

Where's the option for both?

F1d7F5L.gif

Seriously though, I'll just continue with PS4. Had the PS, PS2, PS3 and been a happy chappy. I'll continue on that path. 

I don't have a problem with the PS controller either. But then again, I've probably only played an Xbox about 2 times.

make-it-rain-arab.gif

I think i'm going to get an Xbox - Has better games for me (Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall) Specially if that's the route which the people I play with go. 

I'd consider a PS4 but I do genuinely despise the control pads, and the non-official Xbox pads are nothing like the original ones.

Part of me really hates the "connect every 24hours" and DRM thing.... but that's really just not going to effect me that much.

So yeah, Xbox for me, but I can totally understand why others wouldn't get one. 

You can buy an adapter that lets you use your official Xbox WIRED controller with your PS3. You can also buy an official Xbox 360 shaped wireless controller and have it built to work with your PS3.

I didn't know that! That's interesting! If that's available in the next-gen then I may consider my options. 

I'm pretty sure I told you this on another thread :)

Anyway, I'll probably go PS4.

But I'll most likely be waiting until they're both out and people have had plenty of time to play both, so my decision will depend on that. But yeah if I was buying them now I'd go PS4.

On a side note, when can you start pre-ordering consoles?

I think i'm going to get an Xbox - Has better games for me (Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall) Specially if that's the route which the people I play with go. 

I'd consider a PS4 but I do genuinely despise the control pads, and the non-official Xbox pads are nothing like the original ones.

Part of me really hates the "connect every 24hours" and DRM thing.... but that's really just not going to effect me that much.

You can buy an adapter that lets you use your official Xbox WIRED controller with your PS3. You can also buy an official Xbox 360 shaped wireless controller and have it built to work with your PS3.

I didn't know that! That's interesting! If that's available in the next-gen then I may consider my options. 

I'm pretty sure you told me that you could use an unofficial replacement? :P

Which is a bit different from an adapter where i can use an official pad :)  (I much prefer the official pads to unofficially made, they are just built better :) )

But I'll most likely be waiting until they're both out and people have had plenty of time to play both, so my decision will depend on that. But yeah if I was buying them now I'd go PS4.

You can pre-order at the usual outlets (Amazon, Game etc.) now. Check out HUKD's.

• Like 1

Now..

Tesco 

http://www.tesco.com/direct/pre-order-deposit-for-sony-playstation-4-console/752-6181.prd

Amazon 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371028793&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4

etc

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure you told me that you could use an unofficial replacement? :P

Which is a bit different from an adapter where i can use an official pad :)  (I much prefer the official pads to unofficially made, they are just built better :) )

Oh ok.

Well the ones I was referring too are built to be exactly the same as official ones as far as I know so I don't think there would be much difference.

Now..

Tesco 

http://www.tesco.com/direct/pre-order-deposit-for-sony-playstation-4-console/752-6181.prd

Amazon 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371028793&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4

etc

Cheers.

I'm still tempted to pre order as many as I can and then cash in on the pre-christmas chaos that's bound to happen

Â