What other clubs do you support?

nepal_villan

Only support the Villa & my own team CSKA Tralee, which we set up 3 years ago, we've been promoted 3 times in 3 years and won the league twice, only Sunday league job, but in the first two seasons we were around, Us & Villa had never both won on the same weekend, it took until the Liverpool away game this year for it to happen!

I do have to admit that I quite liked Roma growing up, even got their shirt when I was in a tournament as a kid. Hard to dislike Totti. 

absolutely. its hard to dislike a spitter, elbow thrower and a guy who makes stupid tackles because he can get away with it. Just a more talented Joey Barton

Fair enough. Could say the same about gabby being a diver, but would you agree with that?

I look out for Sutton Coldfield Town's results. Would be nice if they got promoted a few levels to say, Conference standard. 

Also like Cowdenbeath. Purely for the name when I was little!

No one else, really. Been faithful since that Dean Saunders goal vs Ipswich in 1993 :wub:

However, if all the smalltime clubs in my city finally decides to join together to create one decent side (representing our city as one), I'd probably go there and support them as my second team.

Dont know where to start actually. His attack on Ramelow, spitting on opponents, too big an ego, bad attitude and selfish.

He's been done a couple of times for spitting hasn't he?

yeah the Poulsen one was probably the worst as was in Euro 2004 and in front of the world.

Im pretty sure when Di Canio and Mihajlovic stood up to him he ran behind the refs back. bloody coward

Villa obviously comes first and foremost every time but I tend to have A team from most countries I have a soft spot for (whether it is just for the colour of their kit or players they had at one point).

Thailand - Nong Khai
Italy - Roma
Germany - Dortmund

Spain - Valencia

France - PSG

And as far as all American sports are concerned, I just stick with Pittsburgh... Never been to the states but I started liking the Steelers after I had 'Joe Montanas NFL' on the Mega Drive and needed to pick a team... Bearing in mind I was 10/11 at the time, I picked a team beginning with the same letter as my first name 'Phil' and colours I liked.

And as far as all American sports are concerned, I just stick with Pittsburgh... Never been to the states but I started liking the Steelers after I had 'Joe Montanas NFL' on the Mega Drive and needed to pick a team... Bearing in mind I was 10/11 at the time, I picked a team beginning with the same letter as my first name 'Phil' and colours I liked.

Just be thankful you don't like green and white...

• Like 1

International:

United States - Americans are country before club as a rule and I'll admit I'm never so patriotic as when I'm watching the United States national team. U.S. Soccer embodies the aspects of America I would most like to see encouraged: it's a melting pot of hard-working players that is engaging with the world on the world's terms, rather than making up its own games, playing by its own rules, and declaring itself the best. The German-American in me is also really excited about our Germerican players.

Club:

Aston Villa (England) - I followed English soccer for some time as a neutral, but after trying several different teams on, I settled on Villa during the Mellberg/Laursen era. After suffering through the last several years, I think it's fair to say it's stuck.

St. Pauli (Germany) - Punk rock ist nicht tot!

Portland Timbers (MLS) - I briefly lived in Portland and it's one of my favorite cities in North America. Football fan culture in the Pacific Northwest is fantastic and it's the closest thing we have to Europe.

Maccabi Haifa (Israel) - I am in the process of relocating to Israel for work and Maccabi Haifa will be my local club. Following the team is one of the ways I look forward to connecting with the city. I already have my least favourite club lined up in the unapologetically racist and xenophobic Beitar Jerusalem.

Edited by JamieZ

interesting day for my other club today

The Welsh FA are meeting to decide what, if any, league they will be in next season

There has been a strange set up there for 10 years with the owner having no interest at all in the team and the whole of team affairs being run by a fan commitee. The owner lost interest shortly after picking up the club on the cheap when they went bust, he tried to sell it for random amounts of money (anywhere from £160,000 to £250,000 and at one point offered it for £5,000 a year forever as a sort of rental!) - but always changed his mind at the last minute. I think his own personal mental torture was that if somebody was prepared to buy it, then it was probably worth more than he was selling it for. It was quite a circualr tortuous place for the guy.

Anyway, the self financing self running club was run by the suporters, they did all the admin and secretarial duties, appointed the manager, got sponsorship, bought the shirts and manned the gates. The club was 6th in Div 1 with 2 games to go and had an end of season awards ceremony in St Davids Hotel, Cardiff Bay with guest speakers Matt LeTis and Sol Campbell.

The owner had a head fit, appointed himself the new secretary and phoned the FAW to tell them he was now secretary so he wanted to close the club down. The Welsh FA, being the sensible switched on progressive clued up guys that they are, did what he wanted. Strangely, this appears to have caused £12,500 of prize money (Welsh Cup semi finalists) to go missing. The FAW say they've paid out, it ain't in our football bank account. With two games to go (one later that evening with kits already set out on benches), the club was closed and their record expunged.

There is a meeting today at the FA, with bank accounts showing solvency (even without the £12.5k), a petition from 1,250 supporters and proof the club was wholly run by the supporters right up until that phonecall. Part of the proof of who was running the club was the fact that the manager was 'sacked' by the owner back at Christmas. But the fans, the committee, the league and the Manager simply didn't recognise this and carried on regardless for a further 4 months until withdrawn from the league.

Hopefully today the club is fully reinstated to League 1, worst possible result I can see is that they will be knocked back to division 3. In which case, we've lost a couple of years progress, but officially, legally, we will totally own our own club AND hold the franchise paperwork. Absolute fan ownership, for the people.

So ts either a very good day, or a **** outstanding day as I see it.

well, I've quoted myself from earlier, which is probs bad form.....

it was nowhere near that straightforward - they kicked us out and kept us kicked out and insisted as we were kicked out we weren't members and therefore had no right of appeal....and on it went....right up to the High Court last week where the judge tore the Welsh FA  a new arse, told them they were acting illegally and contrary to their own rules and were to reinstate us and awarded us costs (thank f! 'cos we used quite a pricey legal team!).

upshot was we were put in Div 3 but 20 of our 21 players had declined to sign forms for other teams hoping that right up to the line we would be reinstated, so at 3 days before season start the team was re signed and papers lodged and we played our first game yesterday

we won 8:0 (there was an element of proving a point involved)

better than the 8:0, the club is now owned by the fans and the franchise paperwork is ours

Maccabi Haifa (Israel) - I am in the process of relocating to Israel for work and Maccabi Haifa will be my local club. Following the team is one of the ways I look forward to connecting with the city. I already have my least favourite club lined up in the unapologetically racist and xenophobic Beitar Jerusalem.

I see you did your homework. Picking the #1 team in Israel for that past 20 years (albeit being a bit behind Maccabi Tel Aviv in recent years) is a sure bet. You could pick Hapoel Haifa - their local rivals. If you appreciate the occasional win - that's the team for you :)

• Like 1

I share my main allegiances 50/50 between Villa and my Aussie Rules team Carlton.

Also support Melbourne Victory in the A League. Although I live in Perth I am a Melbourne boy at heart (Melbourne Heart can **** right off).

In the lower English leagues I have a soft spot for Plymouth and to a lesser extent MK Dons because they are based closer to my 'ancestral homelands'

Â