Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I genuinely believe that if he hadn't been on the end of a possibly career ending injury, we would be worrying about keeping him this summer.

He looked more than tidy at the start of last season, whether he gets back to that is the question.  Probably not unfortunately but lets see him back in the PL before judging.

• Like 2

I genuinely believe that if he hadn't been on the end of a possibly career ending injury, we would be worrying about keeping him this summer.

But he has, so we're not.

Seriously why even say this unless you're looking for an argument?

He looked awesome in his first few games and if he played that way all season there would have been a hell of a lot of interest. I've no doubt there still are a lot of eyes on him.

• Like 2

But he has, so we're not.
Seriously why even say this unless you're looking for an argument?

He looked awesome in his first few games and if he played that way all season there would have been a hell of a lot of interest. I've no doubt there still are a lot of eyes on him.

Yep, it sometimes seems frowned upon to post something positive in on topic.

I dont think hes fit yet either. Didnt look comofortable or confident in his knee yet. He is still young and has no premier league experience. Not worth throwing him in when hes more concerned about his injury. He will need time.

I might have been watching different games but last season, I thought Okore looked average and not "awesome" in the limited time he played. He was certainly still finding his feet when he got injured.

Sorry if this is deemed negative but I can't help feeling that a lot of the Okore hype is based on the back of 1 game shown on a YT clip.

• Like 1

I thought he looked good last year, he was calm on the ball and quick and strong in the tackle. His left foot passing seemed dodgy, and other than that, he looked like a player who needed to get used to the Premier League. I still think he will be a good buy for us, but we might need to endure with Vlaar & Senderos, with Okore having some fleeting appearances while he gets used to the pace of the Prem (as well as getting his match fitness back).

I might have been watching different games but last season, I thought Okore looked average and not "awesome" in the limited time he played. He was certainly still finding his feet when he got injured.

Sorry if this is deemed negative but I can't help feeling that a lot of the Okore hype is based on the back of 1 game shown on a YT clip.

big clubs were after him and scouted him. Not just because of a YT clip. You can see he has all the attributes to succeed. He is young and in a new league with new players. Of course he was going to struggle. he got injured before he got going. You cant judge him on those games. He will need a few months of consistent games before we even see his best. If not more.

Please do not kid yourselves that we beat "big clubs" to Okores signature or any other players. We cannot compete with the likes of Stoke & Hull, let alone "big clubs".

Now I'm not saying I wasn't delighted when we signed him, because I was and I'm not saying he won't succeed. What I am saying is that he was not "awesome" in the few games he played. He was very average. I am also saying that if you take that YT clip out of the equation, then most on here would know very little about Okore.

Bennett also looked outstanding against Chelsea last season, that doesn't mean he's "awesome"

I don't see that Okore has "all the attributes to succeed". From what I saw, he got caught out of position a few times and generally struggled. This does not make him a bad player, I am simply stating that I have seen nothing yet to convince me that he's the finished article. Hopefully he will become this but he has a long way to go and has never been tested at this level week in, week out. We do not even know if his pace has been affected by what can only be described as a horrific injury, his pace being one of his biggest attributes.  

I don't think anyone has said he is the "finished article" how can he be at his age and having probably played less than 10 PL games.

I also don't think anyone has said we beat other teams to signing him but Chelsea had previously tried to sign him that is just fact.

• Like 1

Â