Jores Okore

Jesperchr

okore as a DM anyone? his distribution is excellent.

Yeah, that is what we need to do with a young player, coming off the back of a terrible injury, in a new league with little experience behind him. Play him out of position. Jeez.

Okore hopefully can get 30+ games under his belt playing next to Vlaar at CB, I am excited.

I am excited as it means that we won't play Clark and Baker together, barring any injuries to Vlaar or Okore.

Very little is known about the man because he keeps his life incredibly private - this to me says that making definitive statements about his personality, such as 'he doesn't give a shit' is based on nothing but assumption and is completely pointless.

Bearing in mind what you said about the club being loved by thousands, how does that relate to the situation? What's he doing wrong, in your opinion?

I'll respond in the Lerner thread so not of take it off topic.

Okore is very good defender, i want see him partner with Vlaar..

Sendaros and Baker, Clark not good enough for villa imo. Baker and Clark is decent players but not good enough for first team. I dont get why we sign Senderos he is look so sh*t player. My asrenal and everton friends fans was say "LOL - Good luck with him, worst centre half ever they see!" ((face palm)) 

Okore is quiet very fast for centre half and alway get in good positional to defence, i think Vlaar will more confidence and comfortable next him.. than Baker and Clark.

Okore - Defensive Midfield Roles ? good shout, i prefer him centre half for long term cos i can't trust 3 other centre half I think he will legend for us.. 

Look forward see him in action with Vlaar in centre half.

Yeah, that is what we need to do with a young player, coming off the back of a terrible injury, in a new league with little experience behind him. Play him out of position. Jeez.

Okore hopefully can get 30+ games under his belt playing next to Vlaar at CB, I am excited.

He is young enough to adapt! Not as if he has been playing centre half for 20 years, this is what coaching is about, seeing somebody with the raw materials, and developing them, something that we really dont do particuarly well at all.

He is young enough to adapt! Not as if he has been playing centre half for 20 years, this is what coaching is about, seeing somebody with the raw materials, and developing them, something that we really dont do particuarly well at all.

The last think Okore needs is to be **** about playing a position he isn't suited to.

The last think Okore needs is to be **** about playing a position he isn't suited to.

He is suited to it though, has all the attributes. I get your point about him just coming back though.

Im not quite so sure what the fuss is about this lad so far, Im unsure why the whole fanbase seem to think hes the answer - the times ive seen him in a villa shirt (albeit very limited) and certainly apparent in the First friendly and last night at Walsall, he looked shaky to me........ doesnt get touch tight, missed his headers and hes all shoulders n shinpads....... I personally think were pinning our hopes on him and he doesnt look the part to me............... Hopefully, its down to rustiness after a bad injury........... i just dont share the optimism that most do......... in my opinion of course

• Like 1

Im not quite so sure what the fuss is about this lad so far, Im unsure why the whole fanbase seem to think hes the answer - the times ive seen him in a villa shirt (albeit very limited) and certainly apparent in the First friendly and last night at Walsall, he looked shaky to me........ doesnt get touch tight, missed his headers and hes all shoulders n shinpads....... I personally think were pinning our hopes on him and he doesnt look the part to me............... Hopefully, its down to rustiness after a bad injury........... i just dont share the optimism that most do......... in my opinion of course

Pretty much my opinion last night , got beaten a couple of times and had to be saved by Hutton

• Like 1

He is suited to it though, has all the attributes. I get your point about him just coming back though.

He may have the attributes but why buy a CB then convert him and still leave yourself needing a CB?? He's played CB his whole career and looks like he could be immense there so leave him learn his trade and buy a DM if needed.

basically, he cant head a ball and it balloons off his shoulder and instead of a assured clearances he looks a "Shanker" to me........... looked ok when he had 20 yards of space with no pressure on him, but which pro footballer wouldnt........  

looked ok when he had 20 yards of space with no pressure on him, but which pro footballer wouldnt........  

I can think of a few...

Anyway I strongly disagree that "can't head a ball". He leaps like a **** salmon. I remember him smashing Chelsea's front line all over the place when the ball was in the air.

I also think he's good under pressure with the ball at his feet too. Where's that CL highlight video when you need it.

The bloke has played less than half a dozen competitive games in this country.  He is a huge talent

I hope he is.......... i'm just struggling to see this talent yet............. ill make a prediction is that hell struggle to get in the side and in 12-18 months hell be gone like most of last summers huge talents........ 

Of course I dearly hope im wrong and he becomes villas best ever no5............. 

Here's the CL video, courtesy of Biskitt.

This was the game against Chelsea that I watched and noticed him in. Seemed very comfortable on the ball for a centre back and was quick too, Victor Moses tries to run him but he wasn't having any of that !

https://vimeo.com/53073475

I am not going to judge a player coming back from a cruciate,who hasn't played a competitive game in nearly a year, has played less than 500 minutes of English football and is only 21 on a pre-season game against some cloggers on a sunday league pitch.

• Like 2

basically, he cant head a ball and it balloons off his shoulder and instead of a assured clearances he looks a "Shanker" to me........... looked ok when he had 20 yards of space with no pressure on him, but which pro footballer wouldnt........  

Titus Bramble.

I am not going to judge a player coming back from a cruciate,who hasn't played a competitive game in nearly a year, has played less than 500 minutes of English football and is only 21 on a pre-season game against some cloggers on a sunday league pitch.

You fool

• Like 3

You fool

Yeah - don't you know it's a MUST that you have to judge a player before he wears the shirt or has played only a few games/minutes of football. he looked good before his injury. The injury was a bad one and he needs a few games to get up to speed. Not going to judge (like many did with Benteke - remember) - I will wait until I see him play a few games - I remember when Ken McNaught played his first few games for us - he was all over the place but boy didn't he come good (along with Alan Evans) - I could name a few down the years at Villa! ;)

Â