Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

tbh, i think our midfield is complete, ye its young but we have enough to rotate, this clearly isnt happening, PL would of moved already, maybe we only made an enquiry until we found out the numbers?

tbh, i think our midfield is complete, ye its young but we have enough to rotate, this clearly isnt happening, PL would of moved already, maybe we only made an enquiry until we found out the numbers?

I'd like one more to replace a couple more out. An inside forward, this fella or Popov or someone of that ilk.

• Like 1

Still a little unhappy with the midfield tbh.

Yes, we have the three of Delph, Westwood, and Sylla.

And after selling a few, we'll have Gardner and KEA as competition.

But none of these are exactly James Milner, are they?

Don't agree Andy. We needed a creative, goalscoring AM before, and we still do. Bacuba is a gamble and none of the other signings is any kind of an AM.

This.

Though we changed to a 4-3-3 near the end of the season, what if we revert back to the 4-2-3-1 that we played in the early stages of last year?

Who would we play in the AMC role? N'Zogbia, Holman or Tonev?

N'Zogbia is good, but only on his day. Holman is an endurance runner. Tonev is not proven in this role, at least not in a league anywhere near as good as the Prem.

Express and Star also had an artical sources at Villa had confirmed there was nothing in this.

Do you think they'd really go out and say "Of course we're trying to buy Belhanda"?

Well we live with a generation that believes everything thats in the papers, so i guess its not a shock that they also believe the likes of Kendrick :o

How is it believing everything? It's using a bit of intelligence. Both local papers, who do have sources at Villa, have ran stories saying sources at Villa have confirmed there is nothing in this link. So I think it's safe to say there is nothing likely to happen here.

• Like 1

Don't agree Andy. We needed a creative, goalscoring AM before, and we still do. Bacuba is a gamble and none of the other signings is any kind of an AM.

This.

Though we changed to a 4-3-3 near the end of the season, what if we revert back to the 4-2-3-1 that we played in the early stages of last year?

Who would we play in the AMC role? N'Zogbia, Holman or Tonev?

N'Zogbia is good, but only on his day. Holman is an endurance runner. Tonev is not proven in this role, at least not in a league anywhere near as good as the Prem.

I entirely agree.

However we do now have a lot of players who can play AMC.

NZogbia, Holman, Tonev, Helenius, Bacuna, Grealish, Carruthers and whilst they are still here Ireland and even Bannan. I think Gardner could also do it as he is very Gerrard-esque but he would probably be suited to playing a bit deeper.

Im sure there are more youth that can play there too, Graham is one but he is better out wide.

It's not the number of players we have who can play there but the quality of those players at this moment in time. But who knows many of us have never seen Tonev or Bacuna play, they may do really really well there and give us chance to bring Grealish in

For me it's Delp OR Sylla, not both, unless we are playing particularly offensive teams. I reckon PL fell into both because he had little else at the time but I reckon a midfield 3 would consist of Westwood, an AM and one of either Delph or Sylla.

If PL is giving to spend £10m, it's in Belhanda's role - either him or someone else like him, and the stats add up: acclaimed youngster without a silly inflated price and could start on £30k p.w. ish.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if PL buys another centre back and plays with Lowton & Bennett/other as wing backs as a 3-5-2

We all knew this was never going to happen. Here is some more confirmation of that.

News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The 23-year-old versatile midfielder was about to transferred to Fenerbache in January but the move fell through due to the  Montpellier’s increased price demand.

Lock her down.

Agree.

The Chelsea game showed that without Benteke we lack a lot of creativity going forward.

A more creative midfielder would go some way to solving that. It would give us more options, which is key.

We all knew this was never going to happen. Here is some more confirmation of that.

News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The 23-year-old versatile midfielder was about to transferred to Fenerbache in January but the move fell through due to the  Montpellier’s increased price demand.

Lock her down.

"News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda"

It wouldn't particularly surprise me if he ended up at Arsenal, but as grounds for locking the thread this looks a bit tenuous at this stage.

Agree.

The Chelsea game showed that without Benteke we lack a lot of creativity going forward.

A more creative midfielder would go some way to solving that. It would give us more options, which is key.

I thought Tonev could play all across midfield.

Lock her down.

"News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda"

It wouldn't particularly surprise me if he ended up at Arsenal, but as grounds for locking the thread this looks a bit tenuous at this stage.

The claims from france that we have bid for Belhanda are obviously lies but when claims that Arsenal have bid or preparing for bid are of course 100% correct.

• Like 2

The 23-year-old versatile midfielder was about to transferred to Fenerbache in January but the move fell through due to the Montpellier’s increased price demand.

Lock her down.

"News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda"

The claims from france that we have bid for Belhanda are obviously lies but when claims that Arsenal have bid or preparing for bid are of course 100% correct.

Claims they are PREPARING a bid, haven't even made it, with no quotes.

Yes, lock the thread immediately!