Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Hmmmm - Graham Taylor took over a shambles in 1987 - had tightened the defence considerably by 1988 - the promoted defence was pretty decent as well - and that was a club in greater turmoil than it is(was) currently

Just because you can cite an instance where someone once achieved what you want, doesn't invalidate the claim that it's difficult to do. The fact is this is the first time Lambert is in this scenario. Let's see how he gets on.

Thats one hell of a disclaimer ! 

I just don't buy this same players, same division , consecutive season excuse. Its rubbish IMO - over the course of season the manager will have to deal with injuries, requiring a slight tinkering of defense etc. As big John said us shifting from a very poor defence to a very good one looks unlikely. Maybe I m abit old school, but good managers build a team on a tight defence (Ron Saunders, Graham Taylor, MON)  ...and it doesn't take season after season.

To qualify this - if Lambert can sort the defence - the sky is limit - he could do a job similar to what GT did in the late 80's.......heres hoping.

useron.gif danlanza
  • coach
  • muppet6.gif
    • email_sm.gif
    • im_on.gif
xx.gif
Re: Summer 2013: Transfers, Speculation, Suggestions and Rumours
« Reply #5021 on: Today at 10:16:27 AM »
Don't take this as gospel. Just a bit of info from Bodymoor Heath. Apparently there is one " Big" signing about to happen soon. Possibly Belhanda, only possibly though.

Don't shoot the messenger please, just what i have been told.

This is a guy on H+V who has got a fair bit of stuff right in past. He's not saying it is Belhanda but adds some more leaves and embers to this

In a follow up post he said it will be early next week before we hear anything.

OK if this big signing is not happening until next week we can all relax.  It would be interesting to know who the other player could be if its not Belhanda.

useron.gif danlanza
  • coach
  • muppet6.gif
    • email_sm.gif
    • im_on.gif
xx.gif
Re: Summer 2013: Transfers, Speculation, Suggestions and Rumours
« Reply #5021 on: Today at 10:16:27 AM »
Don't take this as gospel. Just a bit of info from Bodymoor Heath. Apparently there is one " Big" signing about to happen soon. Possibly Belhanda, only possibly though.

Don't shoot the messenger please, just what i have been told.

This is a guy on H+V who has got a fair bit of stuff right in past. He's not saying it is Belhanda but adds some more leaves and embers to this

In a follow up post he said it will be early next week before we hear anything.

OK if this big signing is not happening until next week we can all relax.  It would be interesting to know who the other player could be if its not Belhanda.

Oh jesus hope the shelvey swap isn't on !

Without me reading it all, is there any real reason this has jumped up 10 pages since this morning?

French Journalist said the player would choose between us and an Abu Dhabi club, people believed it. Sky Journalist comes out and says Villa are not interested, people think he's talking shit.

• Like 1

Football Transfers @trans_football

I understand Belhanda has an English representative meeting with Aston Villa staff this weekend

Barry Wilson to meet Villa representatives re: Belhanda does this mean a bid has been accepted?

What I would say (read assume) is that I would question his interest in move if he has only sent one English rep and not his main agent...

Two ways of looking at this:

1) Assume he's right. Yes Belhanda could quite easily only send one representative to see us, it wouldn't really be Belhanda calling the shots, it would be his agent's agency. Which is Mondial Sport & Consulting Sarl, which yes has [at least] one England Representative on their books, which is, yes, Barry Wilson. That part is 100% true. Whether or not him coming to see us is true or not is what's up for speculation.

2) How do I know that part is 100% true? It took me 30 seconds to find that information on Transfermarkt. No reason @trans_football couldn't have done the same thing to begin with.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1