Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

If he thinks there is a big decision to make between them and us then there is something badly wrong. Does this not set off alarm bells with some of you?

Thats if there is any truth in it in the first place, which i personally believe there is.

If he thinks there is a big decision to make between them and us then there is something badly wrong. Does this not set off alarm bells with some of you?

Thats if there is any truth in it in the first place, which i personally believe there is.

Yeah it does. (But I dont think theres anything in it)

• Like 1

I think its Newcastle or al Jazeera not us. I think they have probably offered more than half the wages Newcastle have.. so money must be important to him ;)

I no longer want him here, he has a chance to improve himself further in the prem and he's not sure about it?

I just read an article that had a statement from Al Jazeera saying that they have expressed an interest but haven't made a concrete offer.

Maybe its Kiev or Premier League club?

If this player is as good as everyone seems to make out then why aren't there a host of clubs in for him? It all seems a bit desperate from his side.

It's more a case of that if he signed for Villa he would be a guaranteed starter and our 2nd or 3rd best player, whereas if he was to join a team in the top 6/7 with a lot more money, he would only be rotation so is not deemed worth the money (especially as they could probably splash a bit more cash on a bigger name) as much he would be if Villa signed him.

Just when you thought you was out they pull you back in

Sums up perfectly how i feel about this story I keep thinking we have no chance then something else slithers out from the press or people claiming to be ITK

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

If this player is as good as everyone seems to make out then why aren't there a host of clubs in for him? It all seems a bit desperate from his side.

It's more a case of that if he signed for Villa he would be a guaranteed starter and our 2nd or 3rd best player, whereas if he was to join a team in the top 6/7 with a lot more money, he would only be rotation so is not deemed worth the money (especially as they could probably splash a bit more cash on a bigger name) as much he would be if Villa signed him.

I think you are wrong with how you think the top 6/7 are a million miles better than us and I think you are wrong in both your assessment of Belhanda and your assessment of the abilities of our squad.  I also believe Lambert is not in the slightest bit interested in Belhanda.

Edited by Macca1888

I think you are wrong with how you think the top 6/7 are a million miles better than us and I think you are wrong in both your assessment of Belhanda and your assessment of the abilities of our squad.  I also believe Lambert is not in the slightest bit interested in Belhanda.

Please tell me where I said the top 6/7 were a million times better than us? It's no doubt they are better, and the majority of their players would walk into our squad, hence why we were almost relegated and they didn't. Don't get me wrong I think we will do very well next season and have good, young and exciting team that could possibly even get top 8 at a push. I was answering the original question of why aren't a whole host of clubs after him. That's probably because the teams who he would walk into and start can't afford him (bottom half) and the teams who can afford him aren't interested as he would cost too much for what they would probably see as a back up. Belhanda is a talent, and would only be second to Benteke in our squad, which isn't a bad thing, but at say Tottenham he would be competing with Bale, Dembele, Sigurdsson, and at say Liverpool he would compete with Gerrard, Coutinho and Shelvey, plus whoever these teams decide to buy aswell, can you really see them shelling out £10-12m for another backup? This is my point; He is too expensive for the lower teams and not quite good enough for the top teams, hence "a whole host of teams" aren't after him.

EDIT: Also how good do I think Belhanda and our squad is? I didn't even mention that in what you quoted yet my opinion on both is apparently wrong.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Sky Sports: Reports suggest Villa and Al Jarazi have both had bids accepted for Belhanda and will shortly decide who he will join.

If he cares more about furthering his career, he will join us.