Drugs

PussEKatt

• 5 months later...

There was a glorious, if rather hazy, period here in the mid 2000s when Magic Mushrooms could be bought over the counter in your local friendly neighbourhood Head shop. Then that word removed Harney banned them.

a while back when my hip was really playing me up the doctor prescribed me about 250 co dydramol tablets, stong ones as well.

needless to say about 200 of them tablets me and my mate used for cold water extraction, themz were good times

Sometimes I think if I reach the age of 80, I'm just gonna go on a massive drug binge. Hopefully by then it's all legal, controlled and high quality. I'd dabble in just about everything. Excluding LSD, ketamine, meth and crack.  :)

Sometimes I think if I reach the age of 80, I'm just gonna go on a massive drug binge. Hopefully by then it's all legal, controlled and high quality. I'd dabble in just about everything. Excluding LSD, ketamine, meth and crack.  :)

Odd that you'd include LSD with the other 3

I reckon that if you are 80, acid is the perfect drug

• Like 4

Odd that you'd include LSD with the other 3

I reckon that if you are 80, acid is the perfect drug

Maybe, but there's something about it that scares the hell out of me

• Like 1

Palcohol: US regulators approve powdered alcohol that can be mixed with water, snorted or sprinkled onto cereal

Independent

Yes!.. Er... No!... Er... What?

Snorting alcohol sounds strange...don't get me wrong I'd definitely try it but it just seems like a weird idea to me

Palcohol: US regulators approve powdered alcohol that can be mixed with water, snorted or sprinkled onto cereal

Independent

It's an interesting one, the actual physical act of snorting something may now become an accepted method of ingestion, just like drinking.. Obviously a very very very long way to go for it to be accepted, but in terms of drug legalisation, it could be an important step.

Independent

Snorting alcohol sounds strange...don't get me wrong I'd definitely try it but it just seems like a weird idea to me

I can't imagine sniffing alcohol powder feels good at all, in fact it probably burns the mucus membrane of your nostrils right off

• 1 month later...

Sounds really hard for you, tackling any kind of addiction must be extremely difficult. Wish you well in your future and hopefully you can stop the addictions and get back to being a loveable family man. Best wishes mate.

• Like 1

Like many of us have already said ruge, it's a huge shame the effect of a few grams of white chemicals hold of your family and yourself.

For your families sake, and especially your health, i hope you manage to overcome this affliction.

Have you ever done anything for a charity? I climbed Ben Nevis in March and that was a huge rush for me, knowing not only had i completed a hard physical task, but i also helped people less fortunate than myself doing it. (I paid for the trip, my sponsor money went directly to the charity)

• Like 1

That sounds like a really tough situation. I can offer no advice really, aside from I think you're lucky you have that woman in your life. I think what might separate you from the guys who are in and out of prison is the fact that you have a partner. Women are not necessarily only good for one thing. Behind every good man and all that. You should try to hold on to her as best you can. I know a bit about drugs and how their positive effects usually seem to outweigh any negatives at the time, but in occasional moments of clarity you do tend to see that there are habits within that, that are really unhelpful and damaging. 

What I would maybe advise is writing a diary. I'm not talking about a 'today I had a ham sandwich for lunch', but a journal of your thoughts. It's an alternative to going to a psychologist. I just really find getting thoughts down on paper (I use a google doc) really helpful. It's just a method of problem solving. Having a conversation with yourself, and transcribing every word. Talk about times you fall, and how you're not going to beat yourself up about it. You obviously enjoy writing, but even above I'm sure there are things you didn't say out of fear of judgement. You can say whatever you like in the journal and talk those issues out with yourself as you go. Maybe not for everyone, but some people don't like NA or AA, or don't feel comfortable there, and can't afford going to a psychologist every week, or even if they can, this is a good way to hold you over between sessions. 

My doc is called How to Habit. And at the top of it I have a list of habits I'd like to have. And when you fail to do something, you don't get annoyed at yourself, you just write down why you think you failed, and what you'll change tomorrow so that you can have another go at trying to do it. 

Â