Drugs

PussEKatt

Not wanting to sound like a div ruge, but you don't have a mortgage do ya bud?

Maybe that's how he can afford the coke?

If so, the cure to your addiction is a lifelong loan to a bank! :lol:

There is far more truth in that than most will likely admit but it is amazing how getting a mortgage completely changes spending habits.

Lefties will often tell you that the whole obsession with house-ownership in the USA and the UK, is inspired by the idea that people with mortgages are more disciplined workers and easier to control.

In my own experience, I found that when I had less spare money to waste, the less I wasted.

Do people feel that drugs are looked on negatively by society? I personally think they are glorified, accepted by all on social media and in the music industry. it's weird if you haven't done something by 16-18 from my experience.

I don't mind if people decide to take drugs, I choose not to myself. What does annoy me is the arguments you get for why drugs aren't that bad from just about anyone taking them.

I don't want to be presented with all the reasons why what you're doing is okay and safe and better than drinking down the pub. Just do it and don't talk to me about it

Do people feel that drugs are looked on negatively by society? I personally think they are glorified, accepted by all on social media and in the music industry. it's weird if you haven't done something by 16-18 from my experience.

I don't mind if people decide to take drugs, I choose not to myself. What does annoy me is the arguments you get for why drugs aren't that bad from just about anyone taking them.

I don't want to be presented with all the reasons why what you're doing is okay and safe and better than drinking down the pub. Just do it and don't talk to me about it

Depends what society you are talking about. One toke off a hashish pipe will get you the death sentence in some countries. I think in Western countries, the perception of traditionally illegal drugs is in the middle of a transition, from  one of hysteria, close mindedness and ignorance, to what we have been seeing in places like Portugal, Uruguay and the United States on a policy level, which seems to reflect a broad agreement amongst the people that the old ways of dealing with drug use as a public scourge is not effective, and is, in fact, damaging to society at large. Even crusty old conservative hardline Drug Warriors have publicly stated that there needs to be a complete overhaul of drug laws, to the point of decriminalizing cannabis (for starters), and maybe even other drugs. And in Washington state and Colorado, it's happened. I believe in 15 years, cannabis will be fully legal nationwide in the USA, and not just on a state level, but with the federal stamp of approval. 

• Like 2

Do people feel that drugs are looked on negatively by society?

Depends which sector of society you ask. The older generation, the more conservative sector, the Daily Mail sector, then very negatively indeed. The more Liberal, free thinking, less reactionary or scared sectors of society tend to see drugs for what they are, and are more open to their use (dependant upon which drug we're talking about). It's dangerous to lump all 'drugs' together, as some are obviously more dangerous and harmful than others. 

I don't think they are 'glorified', on the whole, no, nor are they accepted by 'all on social media'. But the current conservative, reactionary stance to drug taking by government and the law is wrong IMO, and should be relaxed.

If you don't want to take drugs, don't. If you do, and it's an illegal drug, then you takes your chances, to a degree. I'd certainly be on the side of pushing more drugs towards legal status, for various reasons. I mean, Cannabis being illegal?! FFS.

Edited by Jon

As long as drug taking doesn't affect anyone else but the user, I.e. stealing to get the money for drugs because of the addiction, women who are pregnant, people who are driving cars/machinery etc etc etc.

Then do what you want I guess.

Do people feel that drugs are looked on negatively by society?

Depends which sector of society you ask. The older generation, the more conservative sector, the Daily Mail sector, then very negatively indeed. The more Liberal, free thinking, less reactionary or scared sectors of society tend to see drugs for what they are..

That's quite an inflammatory remark, considering the subject.  You probably could have worded it slightly better. 

There were a few good moments.

But I freaked out for most of the night.

Incidentally, a female friend of mine went to Amsterdam not so long ago and stayed on a barge with some mates. They had mushrooms and then went out. one of the guys freaked out so they took him back to the barge. He was afraid he'd throw himself in the canal or something so convinced them to lock him in the barge and he'd just go to sleep and be fine.

Trouble is, they'd bought a huge bag of mushrooms, and only taken like one or two each.

In his drunken/trippy/freaked out state, he was really hungry, and decided finishing off the bag of mushrooms would be the best way to stifle his hunger.

When they got back the poor bastard had absolutely destroyed the place.

They shouldn't have left him alone.  :angry:

Nope, and I'm sure in a sober state they wouldn't have.

Personally I hated the experience. I'll never do it again.

It did make some parts of the night hilarious but I really freaked out for most of it. If it wasn't for the one or two guys who hadn't taken anything sticking around with me and chatting to me most of the night I dunno what would have happened.

But even that wasn't fun. I was convinced they hated my guts. Like absolutely despised me. I've never experienced paranoia like it

Â