Drugs

PussEKatt

on a serious note, in a previous post i made a comment about a group of lads i hung out with a few years ago and how they had a bit of bad luck in various forms. anyway i said the one lad would probably not make 40, he died today. not sure what of but id bet its drug related in one way or another. went to school with him and hung out with him for a few years, he took a very dark path in life which was much worse than mine and sadly hes no longer here. not looking forward to the funeral, his mum and dad will be devastated and they are such a lovely couple who tried to help him but it just wernt enough.

If you take drugs, you deserve what's coming to you.

Right. Ok. So could you elaborate on the word drugs? Alcohol? Tobacco? Painkillers? Ephedrine? Or do they not count cos they happen to be legal ? Is it a political thing, a legal thing or a health issue? Do u mean to say if you BREAK THE LAW you deserve what's coming to you or do you mean if you put poison into your body? Genuine question.

If you take drugs, you deserve what's coming to you.

Right. Ok. So could you elaborate on the word drugs? Alcohol? Tobacco? Painkillers? Ephedrine? Or do they not count cos they happen to be legal ? Is it a political thing, a legal thing or a health issue? Do u mean to say if you BREAK THE LAW you deserve what's coming to you or do you mean if you put poison into your body? Genuine question.

That post is nearly 2 years old OFTR. OK, it's bollocks, but pulling him on it now seems a bit tardy. Also, I've not seen VA post on here for a while now. He's probably busy washing his hair ...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

My neighbour got done a few months ago for having a grow on, he got collared when he had to call the police because there was a fire in his flat, fire brigade came saw all the plants and called the police.

he had 28 plants in there all nearly fully grown...what did he get from the police? jail time? a fine? nope, he got 95 hrs community service which he done in a charity shop which is a 30 second walk from his front door.

the best part of it is that the landlords never found out and he has told the police the people he was growing it for are harrassing him and he needs to be moved out of his flat, the police are looking into this for him.

who said that crime doesn't pay, he could be getting a nice shiny new flat out of it all, he said to me that 'he want's to move to Lichfield because he like the boozers around that area' which just about sums him up

It really does. The pubs in Lich are shite.

lovely beer in lichfield but the pussy are stuck up. i dont mind it over there and know a few people but overall its not my type of place to drink. some alright pubs though.

I'm 44 , I  got offered cocaine on Sat for the first time in my life  ( well other than on my travels where the local dealer may be standing around on a corner offering it to everyone passing)

interestingly it was in my own home  ... I'd been to a school reunion and a few people came back for a late drink at mine   ... One of my mates asked if he was allowed to do some ,to which I said it was Ok   .. and then it was offered to me 

I declined but about 3 or 4 of them did some ... can't say I noticed any difference in them , but presumably it was doing something for them ?

they were quite surprised when I said I'd never done drugs , I figured 99% of people hadn't  ..based on my school reunion , I'm thinking I'm in the 1% that haven't :)

yeah that's pretty awful etiquette

I'd be pissed off if someone suggested that when they clearly didn't know me that well.

Anyway, who does coke at a middle aged house party? That's strictly an environment for red wine (£2 above base), Level 42 (Snowpatrol if you're a bit 'edgy') and a shared spliff off your token teaching assistant friend (she helps the infants do 'craft') at the very very end. 

• Like 2

Especially if you are unsure about the person's view on drugs or experience with them. Puts the person in a awkward spot. Had the guy done cocaine with Tony before, it wouldn't seem as kind of scuzzy as it does otherwise.

Cocaine is a weird drug, because it's psychoactive effects on the brain are almost in perceivably subtle to an observer, like it was for Tony. Unless they've been on a 8 hour binge. But a toot or two of cocaine is fairly benign, IMO. 

A few of my mates wouldn't have the decency to even ask so count yourself lucky.

I remember when the Mayweather v Alvarez fight was on and I was staying up to watch it, my mate rocked up at mine at about 2 am clearly off his tits on the stuff swearing blind to me that he hadn't touched it in months.

I don't know why he lied about it, We used to get some in all the time and have a good session on it at my place back in the day, he knows me well enough to know I wouldn't be bothered even though I don't touch it any more.

I'm quite fortunate as it's difficult to get cocaine where I come from, the quality is so bad and it's 80 quid per gram. But for a sustained period there was some top grade stuff and I developed a pretty bad 'soft spot' for it.Started Friday nights, then went to Fridays/Saturdays, then a few cheeky lines during the week "for a laugh"

I never used to get completely shitfaced and could stop before having to finish the bag off, I mainly used it to enhance the alcohol, my thought patterns and cure hangovers. Definitely not a sustainable hobby to start though!

I ended up getting arrested about 7 years ago with a small amount at a music festival. Almost lost my job (finance), but they judged me on my work performance rather than my private life and let me stay, I pretty much knocked it on the head after that, bar a few occasions

Blessing in disguise that conviction ?

My cannabis addiction isn't going anywhere though, I still hold down a high pressure job and can give up when required. The only side effects being 3-4 days of insomnia and increased tobacco & alcohol consumption. I like relaxing after work with a beer and a joint, I'm a fully grown adult and know what is right for my body. Some politician, who has never met me, has no right to tell me what I can or cant do in my own house!!

I'd recommend a documentary called 'The Culture High' , some very well respected people giving their views on this. I'd challenge any anti-drugs people to at least watch it to hear the other sides view presented sensibly.

• Like 1

Strange responses. The guy asked if it was ok before doing it so I can't see what he's done wrong. He's brought it into a hosts house, ok, but what's he meant to do? Throw it in the bin before stepping inside?

It wasn't even a planned house party so to expect people to declare it when being invited back is - in my opinion - rather naive.

Edited by troon_villan
  • Like 2

Â