Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

• 3 months later...

He's a very poor player. Hopefully this news means he's got a move away lined up.

Our signings last summer really have been very poor. Hopefully okore is the real deal.

Very poor is unfair. Bacuna was decent at the price and Kozak did OK until he got injured, as did Okore. 

Tonev on the other hand is spectacularly bad. 

He looked like he'd calmed down and got a bit more composed when he came on at Old Trafford, and I thought he should have had a couple more opportunities after that. Nevertheless, he can hardly have any arguments about his treatment when his performances were a net negative last season. He's obviously another one who we'll accept any offer for. 

Absolutely shocking debut. Since then, he always struck me as trying to do too much to make up for it.

I reckon there is a footballer in him - there have been glimpses - but he's very raw. I don't think we have the time to get him up to speed.

I must be missing something here. Yes I'll admit he's been poor, but some of the comments are ridiculous - this guy has every raw attribute you need to make it in the PL, therefore (added to the fact we paid for him just 12 months ago) I'd give him time at least this season to try and make an impact. After all, it could save us a little bit of money we don't actually have, and keep vital numbers in the squad.

Sorry if that's too optimistic for the Villa/a Monday morning...

Â