Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I think most of the problem so far is his shots havent been that atomic.

I can only remember one which was against Tottenham from miles out which had a little wobble and big Brad had to punch away.

Other than that they've all been skied/orbited or screwed.

Think he needs to calm down and think about the connection rather than the power.

I'd certainly like to see him get a run at the expense of Weimann - who is plainly out of form and probably knackered.

Yep - for sure.

This has been the conundrum all season, problem is whenever Tonev has come in to replace him he has also been crap

Jury out for me. Need to see him play a few full 90 minutes to gage whether he will be useful for us. So far, he seems to either be trying to hard, or he's just a selfish player. Goes for the 30 yard shot when team mates may be in better position to take pass. I'm hoping it's just a desire to make an impact feeling he has to score a goal to prove himself.

with all the respect to the guy, he comes from one of the Europes worst leagues. He will take his time in adjusting to PL, but I am sure he can make a good squad player. 

He had a cracking shot on Saturday. Rather than going for power, he tried to place it and forced the keeper to make a great save. If he can continue doing that and making good runs then hopefully we'll see him starting to settle a bit and becoming a useful player for us. I really do hope that he makes it with us. He's got some dangerous attributes with his pace and ambidexterity with feet that, if used correctly, could give us a handy winger.

He's one player I really hope settles and progresses with us.. The polish league isn't exactly the best standard so he will take time.... I think once he's settled and gets his first goal he will get the confidence to run at the opposition and not take shots from everywhere!

Last player we had do that all the time was Ashley young!

Â