Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

It's worth noting we did actually beat a few clubs to his signature. He was about to sign for Celtic before we came onto the scene and pretty sure a few Bundesliga clubs were also interested.

Hopefully we can move him on to one of them in the summer as he just offers nothing and makes N'zogbia look a highly intelligent footballer!

You all shouted me down for saying this guy is never a footballer when I saw him for the first time against Malaga in August, I would like to issue a big fat 'told you so'. You really can tell within an hour if a player is any good, they must have sent Stevie wonder to scout him. Seriously, where the hell do we get our scouts from?

• Like 1

You all shouted me down for saying this guy is never a footballer when I saw him for the first time against Malaga in August, I would like to issue a big fat 'told you so'. You really can tell within an hour if a player is any good, they must have sent Stevie wonder to scout him. Seriously, where the hell do we get our scouts from?

If you're that good at judging a players ability, Villa need to hire you as chief scout immediately!

How do you feel about your win?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10335-1364218542-1.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

If you're that good at judging a players ability, Villa need to hire you as chief scout immediately!

It's really not that difficult to see if a guy has a football brain. Or at very least 'a' brain.

I saw 90 mins of Samir carruthers last season in the next gen - player. If lambert thinks tonev should be on ANY football pitch, he should be fired for that alone.

he was actually really good at the start of the game, but then few intelligent (ha as if) passes came anywhere near him and he kept dropping further and further back to defend.

i don't want to defend him too much as he has been mostly terrible but he can get down the wing well and cross if given the opportunity, just rarely seems on the same wave length as the rest of the team.

HH can you please shed some light on how this guy came to be a villa player, scouting wise? I just fail to see how someone so poor can get into a premier league squad. Surely it wasnt just stans recommendation that got him in.

I know some will scoff at writing a player off so soon but sometimes you just know when a player just isnt going to cut it and this guy never will, i'd put money on that. In a few months/years to come when he's gone back to some obscure crap league this guy will be remembered as up there with the Ireland's, Beye's and Djemba Djemba's in levels of absolute uselessness. 

• Like 1

Â